[SOLVED] Computer became slow after BIOS reset

Mar 17, 2019
I have a PC with AMD Phenom II X4 945 CPU in a Gigabyte GS-790XTA-UD4 motherboard with 4 GB RAM. I attempted to move the parts into a new case and during this (fighting with issues) I removed the battery from the motherboard as well. After it I reversed everything, I have completely the same machine but it is very very slow now. I have 3 HDDs, an SSD and a DVD drive also. Windows 10 is installed to a HDD.

Testing the system with UserBenchmark it shows that the CPU bench is 20.3% of the average. (Way below the expectations. 100% is the average.) As far as I understand this compares the result with the same type of CPU results. The HDD and SSD speed also poor. The system drive has 29.6% bench (Seagate ST31500541AS 1.5 TB). (The SSD on 63%, way below the expectations.) Only the RAM is better than average.

In BIOS I loaded the optimized defaults. CPU Clock Ratio AUTO: 3000MHz, Northbridge AUTO: 2000MHz, CPU Host frequency AUTO: 200 MHz, HT Link frequency AUTO 2000 MHz, everything else is AUTO. Memory clock x6.66 = 1333MHz. CPU voltage 2.5V.

My feeling is that the HDD is the weakness. I unplugged all of the SATA connectors and plugged again. I played with it also now, but there's no effect on the speed. In BIOS it was Native IDE initially, I changed it to AHCI for SATA, ESATA, SATA3 controllers also.

Do you have any idea what can I check? Thank you in advance

Solution
The 100% is average is in regard to the average of all cpu's (i.e. an i5 8600k will be around a 100% bench), not the phenom, your phenom averages 40%, 20% is still quite a bit below though. Check if something is running in the background and attributing to high background usage, windows 10 likes to peg cpu usage at 100% with some unnecessary applications, smh.

The hdd results are quiet a bit lower then the 44% hdd average, but it is benching in a common area and not an outlier especially if the drive is not empty. The more filled up a drive is, the slower it is. ssd's over 70% full also slow down.

All though the hdd is a weak point in general use speed, It doesn't explain a noticeable performance drop.
The 100% is average is in regard to the average of all cpu's (i.e. an i5 8600k will be around a 100% bench), not the phenom, your phenom averages 40%, 20% is still quite a bit below though. Check if something is running in the background and attributing to high background usage, windows 10 likes to peg cpu usage at 100% with some unnecessary applications, smh.

The hdd results are quiet a bit lower then the 44% hdd average, but it is benching in a common area and not an outlier especially if the drive is not empty. The more filled up a drive is, the slower it is. ssd's over 70% full also slow down.

All though the hdd is a weak point in general use speed, It doesn't explain a noticeable performance drop.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS