Computer Beeping after Installing New RAM

Status
Not open for further replies.

cpuFTW

Commendable
Oct 31, 2016
Hey guys need help here i am really new into this thing so i have no idea what i'm doing so yesterday i bought a 4GB DDR3 RAM on my local computer store because i use a program called CPU-Z and my old ram was DDR3 so i bought the same thing and then i unplug and turn off my computer and put in the new ram into the memory module so when the time i turned it on it beeps so many times and the computer was always turning off and on and also i noticed that the new RAM is taller than the old RAM i was confused by this i bought the same thing DDR3 but they are different on the sizes but i tried to remove the new RAM then the PC just boot up normal, Did i did something wrong on this?

Your original memory is dual sided, and your new one isn't so that may explain the size difference. Have you tried the new RAM on its own? You may need to reset your CMOS to boot with new ram, but your board only officially supports up to 1066MHz and the new chip is 1600 so would be downgraded to 1066 and is not on the supported vendor list. If you have changed any settings in your BIOS and reset CMOS it may affect your OS install though.

cpuFTW

Commendable
Oct 31, 2016
What do you mean by dual sided? yes i have i tried the new ram only i remove the old ram and the new ram is inserted
and it's still beeping also i didn't touch anything on the bios i have not touch that thing

cpuFTW

Commendable
Oct 31, 2016
Alright i'll be back i will try to reset my CMOS and im gonna remove the old RAM and install only the new RAM i've heard by
removing the CMOS Battery will reset it.

cpuFTW

Commendable
Oct 31, 2016
Alright i gave up it didn't work i reset my CMOS still does the same it beeps it does not want to work :(
But i have been thinking that i will get a new motherboard it's a Asus A68HM-K and also i will upgrade my CPU to
Intel Core 2 Duo to AMD A6 6400K and i will used the new RAM that i've bought i think it will work what do you
think?

cpuFTW

Commendable
Oct 31, 2016
Yep it will work i have check Kingston website for compatibility but it still worries me because i spend
money on this anyways thank you for all the help you did so far it's really nice meeting you

Mar 31, 2022
hello i have same issue i installed a new ddr2 ram and when i insert to 3 slot my computer beep and when i insert to 2 slot my display did not come and it has Dual sided circuit board so please help me cause i don't know what to do.

Cj-tech

Admirable
Jan 27, 2021
hello i have same issue i installed a new ddr2 ram and when i insert to 3 slot my computer beep and when i insert to 2 slot my display did not come and it has Dual sided circuit board so please help me cause i don't know what to do.
It would be better if you started a new forum post and list your full system specs. This thread was from 2016.

Status
Not open for further replies.