Question Computer beeping on startup

Aug 31, 2019
I recently bought the stuff to build a computer and just put it together.
I boot it up and it beeps 3 times, pauses, then beeps another time before shutting down and rebooting.
I've tried treating it like 4 beeps and taken out all the extension cards but nothings changed.
Any suggestions would be appreciated as I don't really want to replace the motherboard already.

My components:
Intel core i5-2500k cpu
Intel DQ77MK LGA1155 motherboard
Seagate barracuda 1tb HDD
Radeon rx570 4gb GPU
Corsair cx750 750w PSU
Samsung 8gb RAM

sdedu77

Respectable
Dec 9, 2018
First of all, if you have two sticks, make sure both are either in black (preferably) or blue slots.
Three beeps mean a memory error memory error. For this, try to reseat your ram.
If you have just one stick, then move it to another slot.
If you have two sticks, then put one in the other one's slot; alternatively you can move them to the differently colored slots.

Aug 31, 2019
First of all, if you have two sticks, make sure both are either in black (preferably) or blue slots.
Three beeps mean a memory error memory error. For this, try to reseat your ram.
If you have just one stick, then move it to another slot.
If you have two sticks, then put one in the other one's slot; alternatively you can move them to the differently colored slots.
I've moved my stick into every slot and tried booting up, still doing the same thing.

Aug 31, 2019
remove gpu and try to use onboard also the board have debug led or code on .
Removed the gpu and still the same thing. Theres a blue light on the motherboard but it's not labelled debug. I know someone who has the same motherboard as me so i think I'm going to borrow a ram stick from them to see if it's just my ram that's dodgy.

Aug 31, 2019
I've tried my friends ram and it does the same thing, with or without the GPU. I'm starting to suspect it may be a power issue considering the boot cycle.
To make stuff easier for me I'm just going to give it to someone to look at in the next couple days to see if they can figure it out better than me.
Thanks anyway guys 🙂

TRENDING THREADS