Question Computer black screen freezes during games (brand new rx570)

Jun 24, 2019
Build:
ASRock 320M
Ryzen 5 1500X
RX 570 4GB
8GB RAM

Whenever I play league, my computer will at random points freeze, then go to a black screen, before eventually returning to the game about 15 seconds later. This happens once every free games, or a few times a game. During this period, my discord also stops working, since friends can no longer hear me.

Similarly, whenever I play CSGO, two issues occur. Either the game freezes and boots me, displaying a "the game stopped receiving communication from remote host" error; or alternatively, the game freezes and goes to a black screen. After this happens, the game will continue running and I can still hear myself moving and shooting, though the screen only displays my desktop with a little "Counter Strike" in the top left corner. I'm then forced to tab out of this and close the game before trying to reopen it.

My GPU is brand new and I've tried changing to older drivers, reinstalling new drivers, and verifying game file integrity to no avail, so I don't think the GPU is the issue here. I'm really lost as to what the problem actually is, since it seems like it could be any component, piece of software or drivers.

Thanks for any help you can provide.