Computer Black Screen of Death

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Jacob Veyette

Reputable
Aug 2, 2014
Recently I tried to see if I could run dual monitors with two different graphics cards. After I was done testing I left them both in together. A little while after I was done testing, my computer monitor shut off and went into sleep mode but the computer was still on. The only way to get the monitor to pick up the graphics again was to hard reset the computer. I took the second card out and only have the one card in the computer now, but the issue still occurs. It usually occurs after about 15-30 minutes after using the computer and I'm not sure what the issue could be. Any help in resolving this issue would be appreciated.

Solution
I'd get the PSU. All three utilities show the same reported voltage. Worst case scenario, you're one step closer to your next build. Best case scenario, it solves all your current issues and you might not even NEED a new build for at least a while longer.
I'd get the PSU. All three utilities show the same reported voltage. Worst case scenario, you're one step closer to your next build. Best case scenario, it solves all your current issues and you might not even NEED a new build for at least a while longer.

Solution