Computer black screen on launch

imbeast2245

Reputable
Jan 9, 2015
Okay I built this new pc (i7 6700k, msi gtx1070, asus maximus viii mb, 250gb SSD and 1tb hdd 16gb of g.skill ripjawsx 2400mhz) and everything was great. I was in Windows installing games on steam ect. Well I checked my system information and it said I only had 8gbs of ram.

So I turned my pc off and really installed the ram and booted back into windows. Said I had 16gbs of ram everything was good. We'll later that night my pc blue screnned and kept rebooting and crashing. It then went to a black screen and wouldn't even load the bios. So I really arranged the ram a ton of times and it wouldn't boot.

I disconnected my storage devices and still no boot. I then unplugged everything besides my storage (the hdd was unplugged only had SSD installed for windows) 1 stick or ram and my cpu and it loaded the bios. But when I tried to load windows it then crashed. This morning I actually got to the bios and booted the SSD and got to the lock screen of windows and it crashes again.

Also my vga light stays white on my mobo. But I even unplugged my gpu and used the mobo hdmi plug in. So if anyone has any suggestions please help. I know this is a lot but I spent a ton of money on this pc. Thank you all for your help!

[Corrected absence of spaced paragraphs for easier reading - - - moderator]

imbeast2245

Reputable
Jan 9, 2015

Oh there is no old ram. Sorry I didn't specify. I just built this pc and I had two ram sticks and kept switching them in and out trying to get some type of boot.