Question Computer black screening and restarting when i launch windows.

Jan 26, 2020
So, I just upgraded my machine with a Gigabyte motherboard and a Ryzen 3700x processor and after I got all put back together with two 8 gb ram sticks and a gtx 960. ( I am upgrading in the near future).
When I initial put it together it was stuck in automatic repair. Then I remove one of the ram sticks and it went into the windows log in sceen.
As soon as I log in it black screens and reboots. Sometimes it will wait to launch a program to do the same thing. How do I go about fixing this?

Last edited:
Jan 26, 2020
I upgraded my computer to a gigabyte motherboard with a Ryzen 3700x, with two 8 gb ram sticks and a gtx 960. (Upgrading in the future).
When I put it together and tried to boot to windows it was stuck in automatic repair. I then removed a ram stick and it would boot into windows.
Upon logging in it would immediately black screen and reboot to windows. Sometimes it will let get further than logging in. Then would crash when launching a program. I suspect the cou at fault, but I am hoping it's something else.