Computer Black Screens When Adjusting Fan Controller

HabibJabbaar

Reputable
Jul 11, 2015
I have a Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 case, and it has a little built in fan controller on the front panel that changes the voltage between three different levels. Whenever I go into adjust it, my computer will black screen after moving the switch. Particularly, it seems to happen when I abruptly go from the lowest voltage to the highest or vice versa.

I never noticed this happening before I installed a new RX 580 into my system. Previously I had a GTX 970 with no issues. Anyone have any ideas as to what might be going on?

nikomateev

Prominent
Feb 4, 2018
Reseat your gpu, your monitor cables and everything fan controller related. Probably something is not plugged in properly. Or maybe the controller has issues. Try reseating tho

HabibJabbaar

Reputable
Jul 11, 2015
It seems to be an issue somehow relating to the RX 580 because when I plug into the display output of my motherboard or a different GPU my computer stops black screening. Another thing that's weird is my current RX 580 is a replacement, the previous one also caused this issue. So unless I have really bad luck and both the cards are faulty in the same way, there must be something else going on here.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS