Question Computer blacks out on and off, Event Viewer 225

Oct 26, 2022
After booting up my computer today, I noticed my monitors were blacking out on and off, sometimes going to one monitor. During those blackouts, I heard the device plug and unplug sound while the blackouts occurred and I wasn't able to connect to the internet suddenly. Looking into the event viewer, I found numerous Kernel-PnP errors with event ID 225, task category 223. Here are a couple of examples of the countless 225s I've got in event viewers.

"The application \Device\HarddiskVolume7\Windows\explorer.exe with process id 26648 stopped the removal or ejection for the device PCI\VEN_1022&DEV_1453&SUBSYS_14531022&REV_00\3&11583659&0&0B." "The application \Device\HarddiskVolume7\Windows\System32\svchost.exe with process id 6828 stopped the removal or ejection for the device ACPI\PNP0A08\0."

Here are the specs of my pc
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1700
Motherboard: Gigabyte AX370 Gaming
GPU: AMD Radeon RX Vega 64
RAM: 16GB
Dual Monitor Setup
Computer is about 4 years old

I haven't found much on what I've just dealt with, but I think it might mean that the motherboard is dying if that's correct? I did reset my pc immediately after seeing that unfold and all is good for now. But I still need help on what caused it.

Ralston18

Titan
PSU: make, model, wattage, age (4 years ?), condition (original to build, new, refurbished, used)?

As you have done, continue using Event Viewer to look for error codes, etc. relevant to the blackouts.

Also look in Reliability History. Much more user friendly and the time line format may reveal when a particular error code began or even show error patterns.

Might also be a loose connection.

Power down, unplug, open the case.

Clean out dust and debris.

Verify by sight and feel that all connectors, cards, RAM, jumpers, and case connections are fully and firmly in place.

Use a bright flashlight to inspect for signs of damage. Bare conductor showing, melting, kinked or pinched wires, browned or blackened areas, swollen components, loose or missing screws, etc..