[SOLVED] Computer blue screen crashes.

Septide

Reputable
Jan 9, 2017
So i have recently installed a new 1tb SSD, as well as some new ram, 16gb ddr4 3600mhz.
Now lately when i have been playing games (mainly ark which is on my new ssd) my whole computer has blue screened. at first i thought it might just be my ram not being in properly but i have replugged it in a few times and it still keeps happening. It also turns out that my motherboard cant handle 3600mhz and i tried scaling it back down to 3200mhz, which didnt work either, i even put back in my old ram and my computer is still crashing. If someone has any suggestions to help fix the problem it would be very much appreciated.

Pc Specs.
MB: Msi z270 gaming m5
GPU. Nvidia Geforce gtx 1080
CPU. Intel i7 7700k
Old ram: Corsair Vengeance RGB 16GB (2x8GB) 3000MHZ CL15 DDR4
New Ram: G.Skill Triden Z Neo 32 GB (2x16GB) DDR4 3600MHZ CL16

Solution
Try running memtest86 on each of your ram sticks, one stick at a time, up to 4 passes. Only error count you want is 0, any higher could be cause of the BSOD. Remove/replace ram sticks with errors. Memtest is created as a bootable USB so that you don’t need windows to run it

Can you follow option one on the following link - here - and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD - that creates a file in c windows/minidump after the next BSOD

• copy that file to documents
  • upload the copy from documents to a file sharing web site,
  • and share the link in your thread so we can help fix the problem

Colif

Win 11 Master
Try running memtest86 on each of your ram sticks, one stick at a time, up to 4 passes. Only error count you want is 0, any higher could be cause of the BSOD. Remove/replace ram sticks with errors. Memtest is created as a bootable USB so that you don’t need windows to run it

Can you follow option one on the following link - here - and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD - that creates a file in c windows/minidump after the next BSOD

• copy that file to documents
  • upload the copy from documents to a file sharing web site,
  • and share the link in your thread so we can help fix the problem

Solution