[SOLVED] Computer blue screening after downloading latest AMD drivers update

May 29, 2021
Every time I attempt to install 21.5.2 from AMD it blue screens right after restarting. I've looked online and there were a few articles from a long time ago talking about updates windows made but it didn't relate. Since then I decided to delete everything on my SSD (literally everything I could remove, including all of windows), and then everything seemed fine.

However that changed once I decided to update to the latest drivers after wiping (since they didn't install when I downloaded them after setting up again) however it happened.. again... This time I created a restore point before downloading so I didn't lose anything but I haven't tried anything since.

I'm running on a laptop and here are my specs. Windows is an activated version and not pirated.
unknown.png

The laptop is a Lenovo ideapad330s and up until this point I have never had any issues like this.

If you have ANY clue as to what might be happening it would be EXTREMELY helpful. Even news on whether AMD or windows is responsible for this would be incredible.

Edit: Just submitted a bug report to AMD. Doubt it's going to help, but anything I might learn from it will be posted here.

Edit 2: I looked at the release notes and noticed this.
unknown.png

This was under known issues on the release page at the bottom.
https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/release-notes/rn-rad-win-21-5-2

I just don't know what "Enhanced sign-in" is. I've looked everywhere in the AMD settings and in windows yet found nothing. If you know how to disable this PLEASE let me know.

Edit 3: This is something AMD needs to fix. I'm just gonna wait for the next driver release as it should be fixed by then. Thanks to anybody to who helped

Last edited:
Solution
Can you follow option one on the following link - here - and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD - that creates a file in c windows/minidump after the next BSOD

1. Open Windows File Explore
  2. Navigate to C:\Windows\Minidump
  3. Copy the mini-dump files out onto your Desktop
  4. Do not use Winzip, use the built in facility in Windows
  5. Select those files on your Desktop, right click them and choose 'Send to' - Compressed (zipped) folder
  6. Upload the zip file to the Cloud (OneDrive, DropBox . . . etc.)
  7. Then post a link here to the zip file, so we can take a look for you . . .
have you checked to see if you have latest bios on laptop?

Colif

Win 11 Master
Can you follow option one on the following link - here - and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD - that creates a file in c windows/minidump after the next BSOD

5. Select those files on your Desktop, right click them and choose 'Send to' - Compressed (zipped) folder

Solution
May 29, 2021

Here's the file from the minidump. I also updated my BIOS and the only thing that changed was the BSOD got fixed much faster than before.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Ikvq_bzJFrjov0AxIlmeHJP5pksYVetv/view?usp=sharing

Colif

Win 11 Master
Now i could be just going in the wrong direction but updating your WIFI drivers might help

Aug 22 2018Qcamain10x64.sysQualcomm Atheros Network Adapter driver http://www.killernetworking.com/

Hmm, I was looking an an intel model, yours is a 330S-15ARR. it explains the lack of intel drivers on your pc. It sort of clicked i was looking at wrong system when i saw CPU

Curious how the lan package can have two different makers, Qualcomm and Realtek, when they make their own chips. they aren't even related... at least I have right system this time. Drivers are still old. in search of wifi chipset - https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/...comm-realtek-for-windows-10-64-bit-330s-15arr

Qualcomm Atheros QCA9377 is chipset of card
latest version of that driver on windows update catalog is 2016 - link

I have seen lots of old WIFI cards causing problems this year, most of it the drivers.

Does laptop have a ethernet connection? I assume that is what the realtek driver is for, as odd for any pc not to have Ethernet port. Could try using ethernet to update drivers, see if it makes a ny difference.

try running Auto update here -https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/300-series/330s-15arr/downloads/automatic-driver-update

there is a new bios update, above link might grab it

Dump itself isn't very obvious what cause is.

Last edited: