Question computer blue screening and not resetting

Jul 22, 2019
ok sorry I know nothing at all about pcs so I don’t even know if I’m in the right category fam but basically I tried turning my computer on today and it started up with “preparing automatic repair” and then went on to “Diagnosing your pc” which then takes me to a blue screen saying your pc did not restart correctly.
I have tried restarting it as unstructured several times bro but the exact same thing happens.
So like next yh I tried resetting my computer which I don’t wanna do because I hve a lot of files I don’t want to lose but yh anyway I tried resetting it and it gets to about 30% every time and then says “failed to reset pc no changes were made”

I honestly have no idea what to do

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Welcome to the forums my friend!

Well you might not have much choice - unfortunately these are what backups are for.
You can try however:

Downloading W10 ISO - https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/windows10
And attempting the startup repair with the ISO loaded on a USB so it has a fresh copy to work from.
As I'm sure you are aware, a reset will wipe all of the files too.

Secondly, you can try loading a bootable OS such as Ubuntu or Linux onto a Pendrive using Rufus or LinuxLiveUSB, boot into this OS, if you can, copy over all of the files you need onto an external drive, and then reinstall windows onto your PC.

After that, if the startup repair doesn't work, you'll probably just have to clean install with a fresh ISO using the media creation tool linked above.

What is the make and model of your computer. Do you know what kind of hard drove you have? You might want to try unplugging your computer, press the power button for 10 seconds. the wait for 5 minutes, plug your computer back in and press the power button to try and boot your computer.