Computer blue screens

sazkion

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2008
Hey everyone I am having an issue with my computer. It'll blue screen randomly and I have no idea why. I have had it for around two years and it has been blue screening randomly for about three months. I downloaded BlueScreenView and it's been saying that it was caused by either atikmdag.sys or win32k.sys. Those are the only two reasons that I see for the blue screening. I have no idea what it means though. What should I do to figure out more?

To address the win32k.sys error, download the latest version of MemTest+ . Burn the disc image (.iso file) to a cd (or DVD, if you don't mind wasting it). After MT86+ has been burned to disc, restart your computer and let the test run itself. Should MT86+ find any errors, it is likely that your RAM is failing.

As for the atikmdag.sys error, this could be related to your GPU. This thread may help: http://www.overclock.net/ati-drivers-overclocking-software/420875-possible-solution-atikmdag-driver-crash.html

sazkion

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2008

I don't have any extra cds or dvds on me right now unfortunately, is it possible to install memtest on a usb drive?