Aug 1, 2020
I recently built a PC and was happy that I even managed to get it up and running in the first place. After about three days of casual use (browsing the internet, etc.) it randomly bluescreened while I was watching a video and now it won't turn back on.

More specifically, all the lights on the components turn on and all the fans turn on too but the computer doesn't even go into the BIOS settings on bootup and every warning light on the motherboard displays (the only warning lights are CPU, DRAM, and VGA but I'm not worried about VGA since I use HDMI).

I feel like I tried everything to fix it, I took out the CMOS battery several times and put it back in as well as reset it, tried booting up without the GPU, tried booting up with alternating RAM sticks, cleaned the RAM sticks, unplugged and plugged back in cables, nothing has worked. The closest I got was after taking out the RAM sticks and putting them back in only the DRAM warning light displayed but after taking the RAM sticks out again to try to adjust them every warning light turned back on.

The only thing I can think of is that when I first set up the computer I allowed overclocking when gaming which BIOS told me might cause bluescreening, but I haven't done any gaming on the computer yet and I can't even access the BIOS to turn this setting off. Really hoping someone can help.

Motherboard: ASUS ROG STRIX B450-F GAMING AM4 AMD B450 SATA 6Gb/s ATX AMD Motherboard
RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3200 (PC4 25600) Desktop Memory Model F4-3200C16D-16GVKB
Harddrive: Seagate BarraCuda ST2000DM008 2TB 7200 RPM 256MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Hard Drive Bare Drive
PSU: EVGA - 700W ATX12V /EPS12V 80 Plus Bronze Power Supply DC-DC Technology - Black
GPU: XFX - AMD Radeon RX 580 GTS XXX Edition 8GB GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 Graphics Card
CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 3400G 3rd Generation 4-Core - 8-Thread - 3.7 GHz (4.2 GHz Max Boost) Socket AM4 Unlocked Desktop Processor

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS