[SOLVED] Computer bluescreens almost daily or twice a day.

Jun 1, 2021
Hello all!

I've been having a issue with my computer specs are listed below and I'll get to what is happening.

Asus Tuf gaming Z490 MB
2x16 G.Skill Trident RAM
3070 MSI graphics card
256 GB WD SSD
10850k Intel I9 CPU

So I've been having bluescreens very often and frequently. I've ran through many of the suggested fixes and nothing seems to be fixing it. Almost all the error codes are IRQL_LESS_OR_EQUAL or KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDELED errors. Well any error that revolves around memory or drivers primarily. Now I've swapped ram slots from 2_4 to 1_3 and the computer will not boot from safe mode bios due to a system instability and a buzzing sound can be heard when trying to boot up. These issues I feel are strictly a motherboard causing the bluescreens. I have swapped RAM out to another set I knew worked and still same issues occured so I ruled RAM out of the question leaves potentially drivers? But I swapped SSD's out twice and reinstalled windows fresh with it only saving some files. I can try and post MINIDUMP's but I cannot zip the file. I for the life of me cannot do it cause no access to it no matter how I try and do it. I can only view it through windowsDBG as administrator. If anyone has a idea on the issue or potentially fixes I'd like to hear it.

Also to note besides the RAM slot 1 or 3 or both not working right the motherboard didn't come with a network driver at all. I had to install that via USB stick. I can also copy and paste the MINIDUMP text here if anyone needs to see that. Normally those 2 errors I said is what pops up when it does blue screen. Almost always occurs when playing a game, but has done it on start up the second it reached desktop.

Solution
Can you follow option one on the following link - here - and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD - that creates a file in c windows/minidump after the next BSOD

1. Open Windows File Explore
  2. Navigate to C:\Windows\Minidump
  3. Copy the mini-dump files out onto your Desktop
  4. Do not use Winzip, use the built in facility in Windows
  5. Select those files on your Desktop, right click them and choose 'Send to' - Compressed (zipped) folder
  6. Upload the zip file to the Cloud (OneDrive, DropBox . . . etc.)
  7. Then post a link here to the zip file, so we can take a look for you . . .
You don't own the original minidump file, the system does. If you copy the...

Colif

Win 11 Master
Can you follow option one on the following link - here - and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD - that creates a file in c windows/minidump after the next BSOD

5. Select those files on your Desktop, right click them and choose 'Send to' - Compressed (zipped) folder
You don't own the original minidump file, the system does. If you copy the minidump files to desktop, you own the copies. Zip the copies.

Now I've swapped ram slots from 2_4 to 1_3 and the computer will not boot from safe mode bios due to a system instability and a buzzing sound can be heard when trying to boot up.
it probably because mb only uses the other 2 slots if you already have ram in the first 2

On MB, 1 sick - Slot A2
2 Sticks - Slots A2 & B2 (this matches your 2_4 description, when counting from left)
3 or more - all slots, they don't specify a slot for 3 sticks

1_3 only used if 2_4 already has ram in it.
See page 1-5 here: https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/...7047_TUF_GAMING_Z490-PLUS_WI-FI_UM_v3_WEB.pdf

Last edited:
Solution
Jun 1, 2021

You don't own the original minidump file, the system does. If you copy the minidump files to desktop, you own the copies. Zip the copies.

it probably because mb only uses the other 2 slots if you already have ram in the first 2

On MB, 1 sick - Slot A2
2 Sticks - Slots A2 & B2 (this matches your 2_4 description, when counting from left)
3 or more - all slots, they don't specify a slot for 3 sticks

1_3 only used if 2_4 already has ram in it.
See page 1-5 here: https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/...7047_TUF_GAMING_Z490-PLUS_WI-FI_UM_v3_WEB.pdf
Ok, here is the dump file, I chose the 2 most recent ones the others seem to be exactly the same codes.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!ArPfmbr6JCNMm0qdUj3-NX77sfXJ?e=recVZR

Also tell me if I did this right? I denied editing first time using onedrive to post something like this

Jun 1, 2021
it looks okay, I have to send link to a friend as I can't read them but he will reply later with a link I can use to hopefully find an answer for you.

He should be asleep right now so it won't be for a while.
Alright, From what I can see as the error codes tell me via google search its all driver/memory errors. I was thinking of reformatting, but wanted to avoid it if that wasn't going to solve anything at all. As I did buy a new SSD and formatted it and the errors occured on that before I swapped to a old SSD I was using and they continued on that one to.

Colif

Win 11 Master
if you had errors on a previous install on another drive, there is a good chance its not software, or that ssd.

Try running memtest86 on each of your ram sticks, one stick at a time, up to 4 passes. Only error count you want is 0, any higher could be cause of the BSOD. Remove/replace ram sticks with errors. Memtest is created as a bootable USB so that you don’t need windows to run it

gardenman

Splendid
Hi, I ran the dump files through the debugger and got the following information: https://jsfiddle.net/dajnuvtc/show This link is for anyone wanting to help. You do not have to view it. It is safe to "run the fiddle" as the page asks.
File information:060121-6093-01.dmp (Jun 1 2021 - 01:03:45)
Bugcheck:KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED (1E)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: BlackDesert64.exe)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 5 Hour(s), 22 Min(s), and 14 Sec(s)

File information:053121-5187-01.dmp (May 31 2021 - 19:41:03)
Bugcheck:IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (A)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: BlackDesert64.exe)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 1 Hour(s), 35 Min(s), and 22 Sec(s)
Possible Motherboard page: https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards-Components/Motherboards/All-series/TUF-GAMING-Z490-PLUS/
There is a BIOS update available for your system. You're using version 1001 and the latest is 2401. Wait for additional information before deciding to update or not. Important: Verify that I have linked to the correct motherboard. Updating your BIOS can be risky. Never try it when you might lose power (lightning storms, recent power outages, etc).

This information can be used by others to help you. Someone else will post with more information. Please wait for additional answers. Good luck.

Colif

Win 11 Master
2nd crash happened after a page fault - page faults are a normal operation of any operating system that uses virtual memory, It means that the CPU needed to access ram to get the information it needed, something went wrong at this stage.

most of your drivers look okay, are newer realtek audio drivers and I saw them cause BSOD twice this week.
updating bios could help

Jun 1, 2021
Ok, I'll wait till I see what anyone else has to say. Never a bad idea to see other opinions on the matter. Perhaps the bios is so old that somethings are just not working right on it. Although I I'm not sure