Question Computer bluescreens playing games/vr, factory resetting the computer works temporarily.

skylerromrell

Prominent
May 5, 2018
My computer has had many blue screens for a while now. One day I even completely reset my computer and it worked for a couple days until I started to get more bluescreens. I tried to do a system restore but could no longer boot because a critical process died. After completely resetting my computer again, I started to play vr and it began blue screening again. I usually get different bluescreens but the main one is IRQL NOT LESS THAN OR EQUAL TO. I am pretty sure it is my driver's but have no idea how to check. Also, I am going to list as much stuff as I can because I really want this fixed.

Edit: Now my computer restarts so fast after a bluescreens that I can't read what it says.

Cpu: AMD fx 8350
Motherboard: Asus m5a99x evo
Bios: 1708
Graphics card: GTX 1060 6gb
Storage: 1 tb HD and 480 GB ssd
Memory: 16gb DDR3 ram
Psu: 650 watt true power
Vr: HTC VIVE
USB devices: Bluetooth adapter, wifi adapter(Netgear A1600), webcam, USB sound card, external CD drive, mouse, keyboard

Last edited:

Colif

Titan
at login screen, click on the power button in bottom right
while holding left shift, click restart button

PC will restart in advanced startup
choose troubleshoot
choose advanced
choose start up options
click the restart button
choose a safe mode (it doesn't matter which) by using number associated with it.
PC will restart and load safe mode

once in safe mode, it might not crash... i mean, critical process died can still happen as its a windows problem, not drivers (unlike the irq one)

Follow this to set up minidump files once you crash
Can you follow option one on the following link - here - and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD

that creates a file in c windows/minidump after the next BSOD

once it crashes again, login to safe mode once more since it should be a bit more stable in here. and go to C/windows/minidump
copy the files from this folder to documents or a USB
upload copies from docuementts or USB to a file sharing website and show a link here. We will see what problems you are having.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS