computer boot up speed

legendsOfEddie1

Commendable
Nov 11, 2016
Hello guys! I just have a quick question for you guys. My self-built pc usually turns on in 26 secs and that seems normal for me but my friends have pre-build pc from ibuypower, asus, and dell and they all seem to boot up really fast. I even have a samsung 850 evo 250 gb. I googled this but got no results and im just curious. So why does my self-build pc boot up slower from off to into windows 10 slower that my friends pre-built pc?

legendsOfEddie1

Commendable
Nov 11, 2016
I bought my pc in the summer of 2016 so very new. My pc specs are i5-6600k msi gtx 1070 samsung 850 evo 259 gb and a msi B150 Gaming M3 and yes, I have nothing on my harddrive I just bought it and put it in because alll the pc builds on youtube show you having one but my ssd only has llike 60 gb used so I have a lot of storage left.

My friends and me are all 14

My self-built computer boots up in about 2 to 3 seconds.

legendsOfEddie1

Commendable
Nov 11, 2016

My pc usually shows the the motherboard company, so msi, then shows a black screen for like 2 sec, then goes into windows 10 loading, then finally into windows

Oh yeah, one more thing. Even though my PC is homemade, I have my system set up to skip the Motherboard splash screen. Sure I have an Asus motherboard, but I do not need to see mention of that every time I turn on my computer. I skip everything and go straight to the lock screen. Two seconds tops and I'm in and running any program I choose.

legendsOfEddie1

Commendable
Nov 11, 2016

Is it hard to set this system up? I have a msi motherboard and when I turn on fast boot, the BIOS still shows up and idk why. I have afeature where if i hold the power button for 4 seconds it goes into BIOS so i dont need the motherboard company and the dragon for msi showing up. I wont it to go directly into windows 10 where i just type in my password and then open whatever I want.

It is a feature in Windows 10, not a hardware feature. Go to the start menu, type in msconfig and when the dialog box pops up go to boot. In the boot menu choose "no GUI." That completely eliminates the splash screen. You can adjust a few different things there to make your boot time quicker.

legendsOfEddie1

Commendable
Nov 11, 2016

What things do you suggest I adjust?