[SOLVED] Computer booting BIOS after power outage

Sep 10, 2019
I had a power outage at night because a power strip burned so i swaped it for a new one and now when my pc boots it boots BIOS instead of windows.. The BIOS does detect my SSD but not my HHD but it still wo
nt boot it..
Thr computer is fairly new its one year old.

Specs:
Core i7 8700 3.2Ghz
GB (2x8G) Crucial Ballistix-Sport DDR4 2666Mhz
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-H370 HD3
Seagate 2T 3.5' Sata3
Sundisk 500GB SSD
Antec 550W 80+ Bronze NE550M Modular

Correction:BIOS does detect both SSD and HHD but wont let me boot any of them and it also wont let me boot an external Window CD

Last edited:
Solution
I have checked and it does detect both drives but wont let me boot any of them.. It also wint let me boot an external windows cd
can you open your pc and unplug the hdd and leave just the ssd plugged in? if so unplug the hdd and leave the ssd plugged in. and if it say no os detected try booting from a cd/usb. in bios set the boot order to usb/cd first, if you still have a problem with it not booting from cd/usb then unplug "ALL" unneeded items ssd, hdd, cd rom, wifi card "if there", sound card "if there", and pciE extra usb ports. It then should boot to bios right away, if it does this correctly turn the pc off and plug the ssd in then boot pc, if it says no boot device detected please turn pc off and insert boot usb/cd...
Reset the bios and reset the boot drive to the ssd if that is the boot drive, if the hdd is the boot drive I would recommend double checking all the connections to the drives and see if there fully connected. If they are the surge may have killed the hdd and that may have had the boot portion of your os, I know that has happened to me. For some reason the boot portion of the os installs will install to a second drive if it's plugged in during the installation process. I make sure there's only drive plugged in when installing os's now I would try repairing your os with a bootable usb and see if it will install the boot portion to the ssd if that works

Sep 10, 2019
Reset the bios and reset the boot drive to the ssd if that is the boot drive, if the hdd is the boot drive I would recommend double checking all the connections to the drives and see if there fully connected. If they are the surge may have killed the hdd and that may have had the boot portion of your os, I know that has happened to me. For some reason the boot portion of the os installs will install to a second drive if it's plugged in during the installation process. I make sure there's only drive plugged in when installing os's now I would try repairing your os with a bootable usb and see if it will install the boot portion to the ssd if that works
I have checked and it does detect both drives but wont let me boot any of them.. It also wint let me boot an external windows cd

can you open your pc and unplug the hdd and leave just the ssd plugged in? if so unplug the hdd and leave the ssd plugged in. and if it say no os detected try booting from a cd/usb. in bios set the boot order to usb/cd first, if you still have a problem with it not booting from cd/usb then unplug "ALL" unneeded items ssd, hdd, cd rom, wifi card "if there", sound card "if there", and pciE extra usb ports. It then should boot to bios right away, if it does this correctly turn the pc off and plug the ssd in then boot pc, if it says no boot device detected please turn pc off and insert boot usb/cd "obviously plugging the cd rom back in"if using cd"". Power device on and boot to bios set the usb/cd as boot order 1 and stike f10 and selcet yes to save changes. let pc boot if it then says no boot device detected you may have a corrupt usb/cd and can try again with new boot device. if this doesn't help I'm sorry this is all i can think to trouble shoot this issue may need new drive could have shorted however if it's not letting you even boot from a external device the bios could have corrupted during the shortage, maybe fixable from reinstalling the bios and or updating the bios

Last edited:
Solution