Computer booting to windows and not letting me get to bios unless I take GPU out...

adamscurr

Distinguished
Apr 6, 2013
So a strange thing is going on with my computer... My motherboard died so I replaced it and the computer is up and running again like a champ...

But there is one hangup... When I boot, there is no ROG circle, it just goes straight to windows 10. I can hit f2 and get the bios to load but I can't see it on the screen. My monitor shows nothing...

Now, if I remove my gpu and plug the hdmi directly into the MB, I can get to bios. I typically overclock the system, but you can see my problem doing that without being able to get to bios with my GPU installed...

I did disable fast boot, thinking that might have an effect but it does not.

Here is my system...

16 gb trident z 3200 ram
H110i Corsair cooler
Asus ROG Maximus Hero Alpha MB
EVGA 1300 psu
Strix GTX 1080
Crucial 240 SSD (boot drive) and a bunch of other hard drives
a ton of fans

Thanks for the help...

Adam

Solution
You enabled Fast Boot in the BIOS and it is so fast that does not register when you press any keys.
You have two options:
-Reset CMOS
or
-Press the Shift key while you click Restart then hit the Del key several times during POST to enter the BIOS.

You enabled Fast Boot in the BIOS and it is so fast that does not register when you press any keys.
You have two options:
-Reset CMOS
or
-Press the Shift key while you click Restart then hit the Del key several times during POST to enter the BIOS.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS