Computer Boots and makes windows sound, but no display

Ilikeuasafriend

Reputable
Feb 17, 2015
I got a new graphics card from a friend ( MSI r7770-2pmdigd5/oc) and upon installing, my computer won't show any display, but will boot perfectly fine and even make the windows noises upon turning on, I have an HP-Pavilion HPE h8-1010 with a 500w power supply that I just bought, please help

Solution
Since it gets to boot into windows then the problem is in the connection to the monitor, verify the cable (which one are you using?) is properly connected to the monitor, also make sure to set your monitor's source to said cable via its on-screen menu.
Since it gets to boot into windows then the problem is in the connection to the monitor, verify the cable (which one are you using?) is properly connected to the monitor, also make sure to set your monitor's source to said cable via its on-screen menu.

Solution

Ilikeuasafriend

Reputable
Feb 17, 2015
I checked the connections, when its plugged into the actual card it doesn't show up, I am able to use my computer via vga cable and have tried going onto mSI and amd's website and on amd's website they have an auto detect your stuff and download the drivers when I run the driver auto-update under Graphics Hardware it says Standard VGA graphics adapter and I don't know what I should do