Computer boots but no display.

Jun 23, 2018
Hey,

So this is a very specific problem that I wasn't able to find anywhere. When I first boot up (or wake up from sleep) my computer after leaving it unattended for a long time, the display simply doesn't work, I have tried with multiple HDMI cable and monitors. After a few bootups and some unplugging, I usually manage to get it to start. Once it has started properly, I have no problems whatsoever. This has been happening with two different power supplies.

The computer in question is the Asus Strix GD30CI (1070 version), which I already sent back once after the GPU blew up. So I'm guessing I'll probably have to send it back again since the new GPU might be acting up again, but I'd like to know if there is another answer to my problem.

Solution
GPU blew up? I'm more than sure your GPU is either being starved of power (from the PSU, meaning that's the issue) or that the GPU is faulty as well. Seeing how you can get display at some point in your attempts, means that the PSU would be the faulty component. I would ask you to return the entire system instead and ask for either a refund or have the entire system replaced.

Lutfij

Titan
GPU blew up? I'm more than sure your GPU is either being starved of power (from the PSU, meaning that's the issue) or that the GPU is faulty as well. Seeing how you can get display at some point in your attempts, means that the PSU would be the faulty component. I would ask you to return the entire system instead and ask for either a refund or have the entire system replaced.

Solution