Jul 20, 2021
Hello, I have a problem with my CPU and motherboard. When turning on the computer, the displays don't turn on, and the rest of the components work. In addition, a red LED in the motherboard appears indicating a CPU error.

The only solution for this I found on Google was to update BIOS, and I updated to the latest version. However, that hasn't solved my problem as it continues happening. I'd appreciate some help as I don't know what to do.

Specs:
CPU: Ryzen 5 5600X
Motherboard: GIGABYTE X470 AORUS ULTRA GAMING (and the BIOS version is f61c)
GPU: Zotac RTX 3060 Ti Twin Edge OC
RAM: HyperX Fury DDR4 2400Mhz 2x8 GB

Last edited:

QwerkyPengwen

Splendid
Ambassador
Make sure you are connecting the video cable to the graphics card and NOT the motherboard.

Also, ensure that the correct cable is connected to CPU power.
Your power cable should have text printed on it somewhere that either says CPU or EPS.
DO NOT use a cable connector that says PCIe. That is for your graphics card.

Next, ensure that you properly plugged the CPU fan header into the motherboard using the correct header, and that it is firmly in place.

Beyond that, it's possible you bent or broke a pin during installation, or less severely that you just didn't socket it well enough.

Before checking that you potentially incorrectly socketted the CPU, or worse, have damaged pins, check the previous things first to make sure it's none of those.

Last edited:
Jul 20, 2021
so the pc never work?
what the brand and model of the psu?
Sorry, I forgot to say I previously had another CPU (Ryzen 5 2600X) which I have been using until today and everything worked fine. Also, if I change the 5600X with the 2600X now, there isn't any problem.
Regarding the psu, I am not sure of the model and I can't check it right now. Once I see that I will tell you. The only thing that I know is that it is a 500W one.

Last edited:
Jul 20, 2021
Make sure you are connecting the video cable to the graphics card and NOT the motherboard.

Also, ensure that the correct cable is connected to CPU power.
Your power cable should have text printed on it somewhere that either says CPU or EPS.
DO NOT use a cable connector that says PCIe. That is for your graphics card.

Next, ensure that you properly plugged the CPU fan header into the motherboard using the correct header, and that it is firmly in place.

Beyond that, it's possible you bent or broke a pin during installation, or less severely that you just didn't socket it well enough.

Before checking that you potentially incorrectly socketted the CPU, or worse, have damaged pins, check the previous things first to make sure it's none of those.
I already checked all those things, and everything is fine. Moreover, when I install my old CPU on my computer the same way as I did with the new one, the computer works correctly.

TommyTwoTone66

Prominent
BANNED
Apr 24, 2021
Sorry, I forgot to say I previously had another CPU (Ryzen 5 2600X) which I have been using until today and everything worked fine. Also, if I change the 5600X with the 2600X now, there isn't any problem.
Regarding the psu, I am not sure of the model and I can't check it right now. Once I see that I will say it. The only thing that I know is that it is a 500W one.

2600X needs 112W and 5600X needs 65W so very much not PSU related.

Since the only thing you changed between a working machine and a non-working machine is the CPU and the BIOS definitely supports the 5600X then it seems like the CPU may be damaged.

Jul 20, 2021
2600X needs 112W and 5600X needs 65W so very much not PSU related.

Since the only thing you changed between a working machine and a non-working machine is the CPU and the BIOS definitely supports the 5600X then it seems like the CPU may be damaged.
I bought the CPU from Amazon yesterday and it doesn't have damaged pins, or any other thing that would show it is damaged, so I don't think that's the problem.
Also, the cpu support of the motherboard was implemented this year with the new BIOS updates.