[SOLVED] Computer boots everything turns on but screen doesnt go to bios

Does it work

Commendable
Jun 3, 2017
Puts parts together for a new computer, everything is seemingly working fine, everything boots turns on and looks happy dandy, there don't seem to be any error lights or anything, I have removed and reseated everything yet I still do not get taken to the bios screen when I boot the computer, I have tested the gpu in a different computer and it definitely works (as it is working now as I write this (RX 570)), however, I cannot get a display from the other PC where it boots to bios (it does not have an OS yet). I don't have an internal speaker for beep codes, so I might be missing something, but I would assume it's an issue with the cpu (Ryzen 5 2600x), but can't verify this, would there be any other solutions/issues to this problem?

The motherboard is Gigabyte B450 AORUS M

Does it work

Commendable
Jun 3, 2017
It really does help a lot if you have the mobo speaker as you can then determine what any beep codes are diagnosing but for now try the following -

Check that your GFX card is compatible with your mobo.

Double check your CPU fan is connected to the appropriate header on the mobo - labelled CPU fan.

Check all PSU leads are plugged firmly into the mobo slots by removing them and pushing them back in so they click.

Take the CPU out and check very carefully for any bent pins.
These are tiny so a magnifying glass/strong reading glasses will help - turn it around slowly and observe the rows of pins from various angles.

If you have 2 sticks of RAM then take them out and just install 1 to try and get it to boot.
You will need to place it in the appropriate slot in accordance with your mobo's configuration for using a single stick of RAM.

Is your PSU new or an old one and which model is it as you obviously need sufficient power for your set up?

Reset your mobo's BIOS by removing the battery for 1 minute and shorting the CLR CMOS pins with a small screwdriver.
taking a look at the mobo, its ram layout is rather odd instead of using 1234 with channel A being 13 and B being 24 its 1324 layout at 24 13

CosmicDance

Proper
Jun 11, 2019
It really does help a lot if you have the mobo speaker as you can then determine what any beep codes are diagnosing but for now try the following -

Double check your CPU fan is connected to the appropriate header on the mobo - labelled CPU fan.

Check all PSU leads are plugged firmly into the mobo slots by removing them and pushing them back in so they click.

These are tiny so a magnifying glass/strong reading glasses will help - turn it around slowly and observe the rows of pins from various angles.

If you have 2 sticks of RAM then take them out and just install 1 to try and get it to boot.
You will need to place it in the appropriate slot in accordance with your mobo's configuration for using a single stick of RAM.

Is your PSU new or an old one and which model is it as you obviously need sufficient power for your set up?

Reset your mobo's BIOS by removing the battery for 1 minute and shorting the CLR CMOS pins with a small screwdriver.

Does it work

Commendable
Jun 3, 2017

taking a look at the mobo, its ram layout is rather odd instead of using 1234 with channel A being 13 and B being 24 its 1324 layout at 24 13

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS