Computer boots into Start-up repair mode after a graphics card swap out

xXDoodleDot

Reputable
Oct 3, 2014
After Swaping my Nvidia GT 520 for a GTX 750 Ti my computer boots into a window giving me the choice to go to start-up repair or boot as normal. When i go back to normal it goes back to the same window and if i go to start-up repair it tell me it cannot find the problem. I have tried to put back my old card but the same thing happens . Please help

Computer Specs
GTX 750 Ti gpu
Intel i5 2750 cpu
450w power supplie
8gbs of ram memory.

Solution
The problem is most likely to do with a corrupted install of Windows.

Is your Graphics Card plugged into the gray PCI-E x16 slot on the Motherboard?

When your computer starts up, does it show a screen where it says you can press a key to enter the BIOS? Usually this is the 'Delete' key that you need to press on your keyboard immediately after the computer starts. This will give you access to the Motherboard's settings panel, known as the BIOS.

Make absolutely sure your computer's DVD Drive does not have anything inside it.

You could also try booting your PC into Windows Safe Mode by pressing F8 during system startup.

When you are in Safe Mode press the Start icon and type the word...
Boot the computer using your Integrated Graphics Chipset (Connect Monitor to the Motherboard's built-in display port).

Install the correct, latest drivers for your Graphics Card from Nvidia's website. Don't install Beta Drivers.

Reinstall your Graphics Card, connect the Monitor to it and attempt to Boot.

xXDoodleDot

Reputable
Oct 3, 2014

When i try doing so my monitor says there is not input sources there anything else i could do?

Is your Windows disc currently in the CD / DVD Drive? It's possible your PC boots from the CD / DVD drive before it boots from the Hard Drive. This will lock your system in a loop until the disk is removed or you alter the boot order via your Motherboard's BIOS.

Eject the CD / DVD (if it's there) and your PC should boot normally.

xXDoodleDot

Reputable
Oct 3, 2014

It does not seem to work. do you think it could be the motherboard causing this?

I found a system specifications sheet for a generic HD4860. No variant code follows.

The Power Supply Unit is rated at 300w. Are you certain you have a 450w PSU installed? If so, disregard.

Have you removed all removable media devices from the system? This includes USB memory sticks, CDs, DVDs, Blu-Ray Discs and external Hard Drives.

You may also want to try resetting your Motherboard's CMOS by removing the Motherboard's battery, waiting 10 minutes for all residual charge to drain and then replacing the same battery. This will reset the Motherboard's BIOS Board In Out System to factory defaults.

I require more in-depth information in your replies. I'm not sure what you meant by "It does not seem to work.".

The problem is most likely to do with a corrupted install of Windows.

Is your Graphics Card plugged into the gray PCI-E x16 slot on the Motherboard?

When your computer starts up, does it show a screen where it says you can press a key to enter the BIOS? Usually this is the 'Delete' key that you need to press on your keyboard immediately after the computer starts. This will give you access to the Motherboard's settings panel, known as the BIOS.

Make absolutely sure your computer's DVD Drive does not have anything inside it.

You could also try booting your PC into Windows Safe Mode by pressing F8 during system startup.

When you are in Safe Mode press the Start icon and type the word cmd into the little white search bar there then click the Command Prompt icon. When the little black window pops up type sfc/scannow. This will scan your copy of Windows for corrupt files and fix them if it finds any.

I also found this post by Duriyudha who provides the following advice:

"Start your computer and press
F8 repeatedly.

Choose Repair Your Computer
(Remember: see for windows file directory cause on my problem its moved to D:)

Select COMMAND PROMPT

Use one of this code and restart, if its happen again, try another code

bootsect.exe /nt60 YOUR WINDOWS DISK

bootsect.exe /nt60 all

bootrec.exe/fixmbr

bootrec.exe/fixboot

If all codes have entered and problem still there, then you must reinstall your windows. Hope it works (Sorry for bad english)!"

Perhaps that will help with the problem.

Solution