Computer boots, OS loads, then screen goes blank

tnonamaker

Honorable
Oct 8, 2013
Whenever I turn on the computer, the BIOS loading screen pops up, then it goes into some setup screen. The BIOS screen shows something about IBE channel 0 and 1 master /slave. After the BIOS screen it goes into some setup screen and displays all the things connected into the PCI slots, followed by the OS loading screen which is when the screen goes blank. I reset the CMOS and it did nothing. I also have tried canceling the setup, but my keyboard won't load fast enough. I am kind of limited with things I can do since it is a work computer, but I told them I would find out what is wrong with it. I haven't been able to figure out anything so far, except for maybe the RAM is dead. All the fans run, lights are on on the motherboard. Any idea what it could be?

I also swapped monitors and it wasn't that. It has onboard graphics too.

it could be a friend pulled a prank and set the gpu display higher then your monitor can display or there a video driver or gpu issue and the pc falling over to the onboard gpu. try plugging monitors into onboard and the gpu and see if windows boots fine to one. if not hit f8 safe mode and try reinstalling the onboard and gpu drivers. in msconfig turn every thing off to see if it a damaged program in start up.

tnonamaker

Honorable
Oct 8, 2013
All it has is an onboard. The keyboard won't load fast enough so i can't hit any keys till after the screen turns off, and by then it's too late. Unless there is something I can do that will make the BIOS open after the screen turns off.

tnonamaker

Honorable
Oct 8, 2013
I reset the CMOS via the jumper myself and used a wired and wireless keyboard. We can't get an IT guy to fix it either. He isn't allowed too, plus with us having no money we can't send it back to the company that owns it. I'm trying to find the issue with it. If the computer would load the keyboard faster this would be so much easier

the cmos should have cleared with the pc upplugged and jumper moved right.
hitting the del or the right key at power up should have got you into the bios. i would try clearing the bios with the mb drained of power. if you cant clear it that way then unplug power or sata data cable and force a cmos failure. if you can get int othe bios set it to boot from cd or usb. download hirem boot cd..scan your drive for a virus. on hirem boot image is mini xp boot. it tel lyou if you have a hardware issue if xp boots and your drive does not.

tnonamaker

Honorable
Oct 8, 2013
I was as to finally get into the BIOS. Made sure it was reset and still have the same issue. What component failing would cause the screen to go black after the windows startup screen appears?

Function 8 is the only get likely to bring up Safe Mode so start tapping it as soon as the system starts to power up. Choose Safe Mode with Networking - that gives you basic 800 x 600 graphics and the chance to go online to update your malware scanners. If that fails to work, try again and tis time, select Safe Mode with Command Prompt.

TRENDING THREADS