Jan 13, 2021
I have a pic with the following specs,
i7-5820k
Asus rampage V extreme
1 x GTX 970
1 x GTX 1070
32gb Ram
PSU - 1000w cooler master

My problem : when I press the power button on my case, the light in the power button turns on, but the computer doesn't boot. I know it doesn't boot, cuz when my computer boots, the lights on my keyboard and mouse turn on. Also th pc doesn't beep. But the fans are running. I then have to press and hold the power button till it turns off and try again. On multiple such attempts, randomly the pc sometimes will beep and then boot.
Sometimes the power switch light turns on and goes off after like 3 to 5 seconds and sometimes it stays on forever but doesn't boot.

I'm really concerned as I have a couple of projects that I'm working on and I'm afraid of losing my pc. Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

Solution
Other components: disk drives, fans, USB devices?

Power down, unplug, open the case.

Clean out dust and debris.

Check, by sight and feel, that all cards, cables, RAM, and jumpers are fully and firmly in place.

Will the computer boot into safe mode?

Will the computer boot if you pull one of the GPUs?

First objective is to obtain a successful boot and get your important data (the projects etc.) backed up. Verify that the backups are recoverable and readable.

Second objective being to further diagnose what the problem may be if there are continuing boot failures.

Ralston18

Titan
Other components: disk drives, fans, USB devices?

Power down, unplug, open the case.

Clean out dust and debris.

Check, by sight and feel, that all cards, cables, RAM, and jumpers are fully and firmly in place.

Will the computer boot into safe mode?

Will the computer boot if you pull one of the GPUs?

First objective is to obtain a successful boot and get your important data (the projects etc.) backed up. Verify that the backups are recoverable and readable.

Second objective being to further diagnose what the problem may be if there are continuing boot failures.

Solution