Computer Boots to Black Screen and is Unresponsive, Functions Normal After Hard Reset

Makthe2nd

Reputable
Nov 15, 2014
This has been going on for several days now and is really bothering me.

I built this http://pcpartpicker.com/user/Makthe2nd/saved/ZX8Pxr and I haven't had any problems up to this point.

When I turn on the computer I get no output on either monitor (VGA and HDMI) although the keyboard and mouse light up. After nothing happens for some time I press and hold the power button to shut it off (unresponsive to taps of power button) Then when I hit the button a few minutes later it starts up normally and I can sign in.

I'm frankly baffled, any help would be appreciated.

Solution
D
Let's start with the basics. Plug the monitor into another computer and see if that works. Check SATA connections and graphics card. Perhaps you felt that you might break one of the components by pushing them in too hard (which certainly can happenso be careful!) but take a look and double check it is properly in place. Report back when you have tried these basic things
D

Deleted member 1694414

Let's start with the basics. Plug the monitor into another computer and see if that works. Check SATA connections and graphics card. Perhaps you felt that you might break one of the components by pushing them in too hard (which certainly can happenso be careful!) but take a look and double check it is properly in place. Report back when you have tried these basic things

Solution