Question Computer boots up but doesn't show anything ?

Nov 23, 2020
Hey! this is the first time I post a thread here :) and I hope you will help me to address my problem.
My computer is only 1 year old and still in warranty.
a good friend of mine helps me to build it since I don't have much experience in building computers.

My problem happens very rarely, can be once a month or after 3 months so like u can see it didn't happen much but it still very annoying that I am not sure why is happening.
sometimes when I turn on the computer it boots up but I don't see anything on the monitor and I know that 100%:
1)That my monitor is good
2)The computer got to the windows phase

Since I have 2 computers that share the same monitor and also keyboard and mouse with that computer with "Mouse without borders" so when that problem happened I still could use the mouse and keyboard on my other computer so it proved that even that I can't see anything on the monitor with the problematic computer that it still boot up to the windows.
also sometimes I can hear that it launched Youtube and could hear songs playing in the background.
to solve it I have to shut down the computer and hope it will boot up normally, sometimes it can happen after one "hard reset" or after 5.

that computer cost me a lot of money and even that it happens very rarely it is kinda annoying that I am not sure what caused it.
is there something I can do to try to solve it or just to live with it?
also, do you think that the problem is 100% can be from the GPU? even if I will send it to back to the store they probably will say there is not a problem since what the chances it will occur there... /:

I will add one more thing: everything inside the computer seems ok fans working lights turn on.
and I only did one tweak to the GPU with "Asus GPU TweakII" I set the "GPU Temp Target(c)" to 76, I lowered the value from like 84 since I noticed when It passes 76 I get some noise from the fans of the GPU, do you think it also can cause that problem?

I will appreciate any help!
Thanks
Tomer

Computer spec:
CPU:i9 9980XE
Motherboard: ASUS ROG RAMPAGE VI EXTREME OMEGA
Ram: CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 128GB (8 x 16GB) 30003000MHz DDR4 CL15
GPU: ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 2080 Ti 11GB GDDR6
PSU: Corsair 1200W 80+ Platinum HX1200

Last edited:
The first part of your post confusing me , you say it is under warranty but you also say you built it yourself.
You say your keyboard and mouse are been shared with another pc so the first thing i would do is run your pc as a single unit without the switching devices you have to share between the pc's.
With regards to you altering the temp setting , put it back to what it was , your fans will increase in speed if you suddenly do something in a game that demands more performance from your gpu such as a lot of movement on screen.

Nov 23, 2020
The first part of your post confusing me , you say it is under warranty but you also say you built it yourself.
You say your keyboard and mouse are been shared with another pc so the first thing i would do is run your pc as a single unit without the switching devices you have to share between the pc's.
With regards to you altering the temp setting , put it back to what it was , your fans will increase in speed if you suddenly do something in a game that demands more performance from your gpu such as a lot of movement on screen.
Thank you for your quick reply! since I ordered all the parts of the computer from different places so I can't bring the whole computer to check out, so if there is any problem with any part I will have to prove that this part has a problem. like I know for the GPU you have 2-3 years warranty.
About the thing, you suggested to do -- my 2 computers already work as a single unit there is not any device that connects them together, "Mouse without border" is software that connects the two computers on the same network and it will only work if my main computer(the problematic one) will be able to get to the Windows.
and I only lately started to use it so it just helps me to know that my computer was able to get to the Windows but doesn't show anything on the monitor.