Computer boots up, but monitor gets no signal every time after being off for a decent time

JmJPrestige

Reputable
May 10, 2014
So it has been a while trying to figure out this problem, I have probably looked at every forum thread i can trying to fix this problem but i just cant seem to figure out what the problem is. Every time i would turn off the computer, when i get home to turn on my computer i get no signal from the monitor. I would usually have to keep pressing the reset button or keep turning it off to hopefully get signal to my monitor. The last method i have tried is that i don't even turn off my computer, but put it to sleep i come back from work and find that it is on and i turn on my monitor and see that i still get no signal, but i didn't even touch my computer. I usually just have to press the reset button once and then i get a compute signal. SSD i don't think is the problem because the same problem was happening when i had my 1 Terra byte HDD as windows. I also don't have those boot speakers. I may have to mess with the bios but i do not know most of the things on their. Iam also running two monitors both connected to the GPU

Any suggestions is very much appreciated!!!

Methods used on this problem
-Reset CMOS for about 20 minutes and clean (91% Isopropyl Alcohol)
-Check to see if all the my cables are properly connected, motherboard and Gpu
-I turned off computer, unplugged and held the power button for about 1 minute
-Re-Seat my GPU (Multiple Times) and cleaned
-changed my power options on the computer (May have missed stuff)
-Checked standoffs
-CPU re-seated and applied new thermal paste(also checked to see if theirs gunk on the cpu socket
-Re-formatted my SSD
-Re-seated my ram multiple times and changed spots at-least 3 times and also cleaned the with alcohol and suppressed air can (whole system)
-Updated Bios to 1.90 from website
-checked that their was no screws that were loose or anything.
-tried just putting 1 stick of ram and boot/ also ran memcheck twice
-installed all known drivers from asrock and msi
-tried switching monitor HDMI cables
-plugged on different wall

Computer Specs
-i5-4590
-Msi r9 280
-Asrock H97 Pro4
-Crucial Ballistix sport 2x4GB
-Western Digital Blue 1 TB/ Samsung SSD 850 Evo (250G/Windows)/2 other old Hard drives 140 and 300GB
-XFX 550 W
-Monitor ASUS VS247

Mark_1970

Reputable
Nov 14, 2015

what power supply do you have?Tried cleaning contacts on the card and slot?

JmJPrestige

Reputable
May 10, 2014

I really hope not haha. Every thing seems to work fine when its on. Games are perfect when playing and i don't really get any problems.

JmJPrestige

Reputable
May 10, 2014

My power supply is an XFX Ts Series 550 Watt bronze. I did try and clean the contacts on the card with 91% Isopropyl alcohol and cleaned the slot with an Suppressed can air

May 18, 2019
So it has been a while trying to figure out this problem, I have probably looked at every forum thread i can trying to fix this problem but i just cant seem to figure out what the problem is. Every time i would turn off the computer, when i get home to turn on my computer i get no signal from the monitor. I would usually have to keep pressing the reset button or keep turning it off to hopefully get signal to my monitor. The last method i have tried is that i don't even turn off my computer, but put it to sleep i come back from work and find that it is on and i turn on my monitor and see that i still get no signal, but i didn't even touch my computer. I usually just have to press the reset button once and then i get a compute signal. SSD i don't think is the problem because the same problem was happening when i had my 1 Terra byte HDD as windows. I also don't have those boot speakers. I may have to mess with the bios but i do not know most of the things on their. Iam also running two monitors both connected to the GPU

Any suggestions is very much appreciated!!!

Methods used on this problem

-Reset CMOS for about 20 minutes and clean (91% Isopropyl Alcohol)
-Check to see if all the my cables are properly connected, motherboard and Gpu
-I turned off computer, unplugged and held the power button for about 1 minute
-Re-Seat my GPU (Multiple Times) and cleaned
-changed my power options on the computer (May have missed stuff)
-Checked standoffs
-CPU re-seated and applied new thermal paste(also checked to see if theirs gunk on the cpu socket
-Re-formatted my SSD
-Re-seated my ram multiple times and changed spots at-least 3 times and also cleaned the with alcohol and suppressed air can (whole system)
-Updated Bios to 1.90 from website
-checked that their was no screws that were loose or anything.
-tried just putting 1 stick of ram and boot/ also ran memcheck twice
-installed all known drivers from asrock and msi
-tried switching monitor HDMI cables
-plugged on different wall

Computer Specs
-i5-4590
-Msi r9 280
-Asrock H97 Pro4
-Crucial Ballistix sport 2x4GB
-Western Digital Blue 1 TB/ Samsung SSD 850 Evo (250G/Windows)/2 other old Hard drives 140 and 300GB
-XFX 550 W
-Monitor ASUS VS247
I have this same problem right now did any of you guys figure it out?