Question Computer boots up but no display.

thesinghman

Prominent
Dec 28, 2018
I just built my rig with brand new parts and the parts list can be found here:
https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/YJB84n

The problem I encountered was that when I booted the computer up, it turned on all the fans, case fans and LEDS, AIO pump but there was no display at all. I tried entering bios but nothing happened. It turns off after like a minute after being turned on with no display then restarts itself just to repeat that process. I used both motherboard and GPU for display but neither worked. I am booting off an m.2 SSD that has a copy of windows already installed on it and some data. I wouldn't think that would affect anything. Here are some of the things I have already tried.

1) Reseated RAM and even tried with one stick of RAM. I have it in the position of SPACE, RAM, SPACE, RAM on the mobo

2) Took out the mobo battery and placed it back in after 20 seconds.

3) Cleared CMOS again using the jumper clip on the mobo

4) Tried booting up while no power was being supplied to the GPU (GPU LEDs still lot up tho)

I don't know what else I can do. I have checked that every cable is plugged in right. I made sure that the AIO pump is connected to the cpu fan port on the mobo. If anyone has any ideas, it would be much appreciated.

EDIT:
I tried using a flash drive to boot but nothing even shows up on the screen. When I opened the flash drive on my laptop, I saw a screenshot of the Asrock UEIFI bios. Also, weirdly enough my keyboard and mouse don't light up but my phone gets power through the ports
here is the screenshot: View: https://imgur.com/a/oiH1car

Last edited:
Oct 15, 2020
Pls give your specification.....
Anyhow first if your motherboard has a inbuilt graphics port, try to plugged in this port and see either your display coming up or not. If your motherboard has no graphics port inbuilt then try to install another gpu in your motherboard if display comes up then your gpu might have defected if not then it has a problem of your motherboard.