Computer boots up fine, sometimes the monitor doesn't show a picture.

Taneras

Reputable
Sep 4, 2014
As the title says, and sorry in advance if this isn't the proper section for this sort of question, but sometimes when I boot my computer up the monitor remains black. I hear the sound that plays when the log in screen comes up, I can even type in my password and press enter and hear it boot up all the way to the desktop but still no image. Not even a mouse cursor.

I've checked the connections and everything seems fine. This use to happen very rarely (1:100 times) but recently it seems to be happening more and more. If I turn the comp off and back on it'll start up with an image just fine.

This problem also extends to sleep mode. A few times I've left my comp on overnight (just forgot) and pressed the power button in the morning only to find it's already booted up. It would also, sometimes, be booted up and ready to go but no image on the monitor.

Any ideas?

Taneras

Reputable
Sep 4, 2014

About a year and a half. I could pull an older monitor out of retirement (closet) and see if I have the same issue with it. It'd take quite a few reboots to see because its still fairly infrequent but its worth a shot.

Just to clarify, though, the monitor itself never goes blank while its on. Only during reboots and after it was in sleep mode. Hard to tell a % as far as how often it does it, its still sorta rare.

Taneras

Reputable
Sep 4, 2014

Sorry, having other, more pressing, issues with the computer right now so I was focusing on those.

I have a QNIX QX2710LED and the only buttons I see on the bottom right are the power button, and buttons for volume up and down and brightness up and down.

TRENDING THREADS