Mar 16, 2015
Alright, here's the thing. I have rig with these specs -
GTX 780
Asus Maximus VII
16 gb Corsair vengence
250gb SSD Samsung
2 TB WD Blue
650 watts Corsair RM650 Gold+

So far so good, until one afternoon when the PC just went down all of a sudden. I opened the case and I saw basically nothing. I thought something with my PSU is wrong, because at that time nothing was lighting up whenever I press the power up button. Okay - I said, and ordered new PSU, because since there is no lights or anything whenever I press the button, then that clearly means I need new one.
What I did was buying Fractal Design Edison M 650watts gold+. So far so good again, until I got everything together, and then BAM - same thing. But this time, the difference was that whenever I press the power button the whole PC tries to start for a sec then nothing spins and the PC stays just like that. If I press the power button again, nothing happens. As long as I don't turn off the switch from the PSU. Then I removed the GPU and then turned the PC on again, then it worked, the fans were spinning, but since there isn't GPU - nothing on the screen. Then I put back the PCI-E cables in to the GPU - same thing no spins no nothing. It's like the PSU does not give enough power to the GPU for some reason. The thing is, I was running perfectly fine that videocard with 650 watts RM650 by Corsair. I surely have no idea what is the problem, I hope you do.

P.S. Just so you know, I haven't reset CMOS so far, I haven't tried the card on other PC, nor my PC with different card. Will do that soon, by then what do you think this might be?

Riggah

Reputable
Mar 16, 2015
"Then I removed the GPU and then turned the PC on again, then it worked, the fans were spinning, but since there isn't GPU - nothing on the screen."
There is video onboard. Have you tried connecting the monitor to it?

Ye, ye, I forgot to mention, I did, but since I can't enter bios, I can't put it as primary graphics card, so it didn't show up anything on screen.

By default, the onboard should work if no graphics card installed (if you changed the setting in BIOS, try clearing the CMOS- unplug the power cord and remove the CMOS battery for a minute). Is there a led that remains red when starting the board (without GPU)?

Riggah

Reputable
Mar 16, 2015

No, I mean, whenever I start it without GPU the PC starts normally. Usually on this type motherboards there are error code led screens, little ones. At first it showed me that I didn't put the ram correctly - B7, then I fixed that. Even though I did, nothing has changed, I mean, no video whatsoever. The error now is something different, for the storage, but it should NOT affect turning the PC at least till bios. Yet, nothing shows up. As I mentioned - haven't tried reseting the CMOS so far. Will do that soon.

Riggah

Reputable
Mar 16, 2015

Yes, at 1st it gave me A2 then I put only the SSD in, the error became A7. Yet, still no video on screen. I am on work, sadly will reset the cmos tommorow, asap, but why do you think that happened? Bad GPU or some sh**t?