Computer BSOD and Games Crashing Randomly

xNovax

Honorable
Aug 1, 2012
I have had my system for about 3 months now and it has not been working right since I got it. I can play games ranging from minecraft to Skyrim for about 5 minutes before the game crashes or the computer blue screens. When the computer blue screens the message for the error is one of multiple things. Memory Management, Bad page pool, or trying to write to read only memory. I have taken my computer in to get serviced multiple times and it seems to do nothing.

Computer Specs:
Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Extreme
CPU: Intel i7 3930K
RAM: Corsair Vengance 4x4gb @ 1600mhz
SSD: OCZ Agilitiy 3 360GB
HDD: WD Black 2 tb
Graphics Card: Sapphire HD 7970 Reference
Power Supply: Corsair TXM 850 watt

xNovax

Honorable
Aug 1, 2012

Im pretty sure it isnt a overheat problem I have 6 fans in the computer and my CPU is watercooled

start with checking your bios rev. asus went from a rom bios file to a cap file on your mb to make it windows 8 ready. there are a few new cap file bios on asus web page. with your ram..check with cpu that your running the right speed..timing and voltage.
(the spd tab will show you the speeds your ram can run at). I would also check to see that the ram you have is on the mb qal list or the vendor list for tested mb. with asus gui bios you have to run the mb at standard speed if you let the asus mb overclock itself it change the ram bus speed from 100 to plus 100. sometime changing that clodk speed will cause a hang.
under the ai dram speed set the ram to xmp profile.
also if your using an ssd check that the newest firmware is on it and you have the newest intel chipset drivers and ssd drivers.

xNovax

Honorable
Aug 1, 2012
Try this:

*boot with only one stick of ram, try each slot with each stick
*Install your games in the HDD, not in the SSD
*Stockclock (if overclocked) your GPU
*Stockclock (if overclocked) your CPU
If the problem persist then you have to test each component individually... Try running Prime 95 to test the CPU and then run Furmark (to test the GPU) intall both benchmarking programs in your HDD, NOT in your SSD (i have the strange feeling that your SSD might be damanged.... i can assure it wouldnt be the first SSD that goes bad from OCZ)

I know it isn't the ssd. I know this because the problems were happening before the ssd.

xNovax

Honorable
Aug 1, 2012

The BIOS is updated the the new .cap file type and newest version. I have also never over clocked with the ai suite because I didn't want to cause any more problems.