[SOLVED] Computer BSODs with an WHEA Error every day, need help narrowing down the problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexgjasmin

Commendable
Mar 1, 2021
Hello! So I recently just upgraded my computer with a new Asus Rog Strix RTX 3070 OC Graphics Card (Originally an EVGA ACX 3.0 1080), and my computer has been behaving very... well, inconvenient and strange.
I can't really go one day without running into this one Blue Screen error, and I can't really pin down what is causing it, nor have I really had the time to figure it out due to college. But the error I receive is the WHEA Uncorrectable Error.

There'll be spots where my monitor will flicker while I type, and when I run games like Star Wars Battlefront 2, my mouse will outright just not be powered and my entire OS will go between running slowly and just outright freezing. I ran a Furmark benchmark on my GPU for about 2 hours and my GPU was running fine, I think it was averaging at between 55c to 65c. I also ran a scan on both of my drives, but it came back clear, along with just an antivirus full scan with Kaspersky which also came back clear.

I also noticed that when working on commissions through Photoshop, and through school projects on Unity, my PC will just outright BSoD without any lag or freezing.

Here are the specs for my PC (I don't know if this is necessary, just in case though):

CPU: Intel i7 7820X
GPU: Asus Rog Strix RTX 3070 OC
Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus x299 Gaming 7 Pro
Primary SSD: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2 SSD
Secondary Drive: Western Digital Red 4TB SATA3
PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 850W P2 Power Supply

Solution
Hey! Update, unfortunately, I never got the time to run that benchmark because of college and a lot of other big things that occurred. However I think I found the solution to the problem, I eventually found out that the GPU I have which is the RTX 3070, was supposed to have 2 individual cables that each filled their own individual 8 pins on the GPU.

I originally, prior to adding a separate cable, had only 1 Cable that split off into the Double 8 pin connectors to support the GPU which I'm pretty sure was the actual reason for the crashes.

I fixed the cable work Wednesday night, and I have not seen a bluescreen so far going into today. So I'm banking on it being fixed!
Hello! So I recently just upgraded my computer with a new Asus Rog Strix RTX 3070 OC Graphics Card (Originally an EVGA ACX 3.0 1080), and my computer has been behaving very... well, inconvenient and strange.
I can't really go one day without running into this one Blue Screen error, and I can't really pin down what is causing it, nor have I really had the time to figure it out due to college. But the error I receive is the WHEA Uncorrectable Error.

There'll be spots where my monitor will flicker while I type, and when I run games like Star Wars Battlefront 2, my mouse will outright just not be powered and my entire OS will go between running slowly and just outright freezing. I ran a Furmark benchmark on my GPU for about 2 hours and my GPU was running fine, I think it was averaging at between 55c to 65c. I also ran a scan on both of my drives, but it came back clear, along with just an antivirus full scan with Kaspersky which also came back clear.

I also noticed that when working on commissions through Photoshop, and through school projects on Unity, my PC will just outright BSoD without any lag or freezing.

Here are the specs for my PC (I don't know if this is necessary, just in case though):

CPU: Intel i7 7820X
GPU: Asus Rog Strix RTX 3070 OC
Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus x299 Gaming 7 Pro
Primary SSD: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2 SSD
Secondary Drive: Western Digital Red 4TB SATA3
PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 850W P2 Power Supply
If you put the old gpu back does the problem go away?

alexgjasmin

Commendable
Mar 1, 2021
Hey! Update, unfortunately, I never got the time to run that benchmark because of college and a lot of other big things that occurred. However I think I found the solution to the problem, I eventually found out that the GPU I have which is the RTX 3070, was supposed to have 2 individual cables that each filled their own individual 8 pins on the GPU.

I originally, prior to adding a separate cable, had only 1 Cable that split off into the Double 8 pin connectors to support the GPU which I'm pretty sure was the actual reason for the crashes.

I fixed the cable work Wednesday night, and I have not seen a bluescreen so far going into today. So I'm banking on it being fixed!

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS