Computer Build Final Tips

Robert_16

Reputable
Sep 23, 2015
Hey guys over the course of the last few months i have been working my ass off saving money and slowly buying the parts to my new pc. i am currently closing in on the last two parts, the cpu and gpu, so i was wondering, what should be the very first things i do once the computer is on and running? LIke, installing programs, and what not. It just occured to me that some of the parts came with cds and i dont have a cd drive in my pc, so what should i do there? and the last final thing is if you guys could check out my build and let me know if i need to pick up anything extra or if im fine thatd be great thanks a lot guys

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/Ghostllie/saved/gvDXLk

Solution
CoffeeLake will be an entirely different platform from the skylake/kabylake cpus (supposedly), so honestly it's not worth the wait just to loose a chunk of cash on reselling a mediocre i5/mobo combo and then turn around and pay premium prices on a whole new setup. The i7-7700k will not be obsolete for quite some time, heck even my i7-3770K is still a viable cpu and isn't obsolete (yet).

_MasterG_

Prominent
May 5, 2017
First Gpu or a used or gtx 1050-1050ti or 1080-1080ti rx, vega , 1060 and 1070 are used for mining more than gaming actually, if a stock arrives 30m after, it will be out.... Cpu Ryzen is good optiom if you have dual channel memory if not Go with a i5 6600k :3

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Don't worry about parts that came with CDs. The info on them stands a good chance of already being obsolete and in need of updating anyways.
So, first things first, unplug the internet. if you have an SSD and hdd, unplug the hdd Sata data cord. Leave the drive in, just unplug it at the mobo so only the ssd is seen. Then install windows on the solo c drive, refuse any updates. When it's installed, before adding or upgrading, plug the hdd back in. Plug in the net. Goto each vendors website and dl all the drivers etc you need for the parts. Get them installed. Now finish with windows updates.

Can't see any build, so no recommendations on parts.

Robert_16

Reputable
Sep 23, 2015

whoops i just added the list in, and i hope i can follow all those directions haha

_MasterG_

Prominent
May 5, 2017

Nope nope nope, At least you want a 300$ heater nope. With Coffee lake incoming buy an i7 7700k is just a big NO.. You will get 4 more cores for about the same price the next year, just wait a bit :3. Just pucharse a cheap h mobo and an i5 and wait for the next year to upgrade :3

Robert_16

Reputable
Sep 23, 2015

uhh ive been building this pc for the best five months i really dont want to wait any longer

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
CoffeeLake will be an entirely different platform from the skylake/kabylake cpus (supposedly), so honestly it's not worth the wait just to loose a chunk of cash on reselling a mediocre i5/mobo combo and then turn around and pay premium prices on a whole new setup. The i7-7700k will not be obsolete for quite some time, heck even my i7-3770K is still a viable cpu and isn't obsolete (yet).

Solution