Computer build not working (new)

Gabeph

Commendable
May 15, 2016
When I try to turn on my computer nothing happens I've plugged everything in the cables are fully seated I've tested my PSU with a PSU tester.

Solution
Well, I have my stock Intel heatsink working on three legs, but I wouldn't recommend you to do it to a nice new CPU, especially an overclockable one. But if the cooler is turning and your temps are fine, then why not? xD

Gabeph

Commendable
May 15, 2016
Specs
PSU: corsair CX 600
Motherboard: GA-Z97X-SLI
CPU: i5 4600k
Ram: ripjaw X 8 gigibytes ddr3
Hardrive: segate desktop HHD 1000gb
Graphic card: gtx 960 (haven't put it in yet)
If I missed anything please ask me

And I may sound dumb but I dont now how to short the power pins and I don't know we're the power pins are

You must have built the computer, right? So you must have connected a tiny plug labelled as 'Power button' or something synonymous. Remove that plug from the motherboard end, and the two pins that it was covering, just connect them together with something like a screwdriver. Basically just create a conducting bridge between the two pins, with whatever's suitable. Honestly it seems to me that there's a failed component here - possible motherboard or CPU. Also, what are you cooling the CPU with? Make sure that something is connected into the CPU fan header on the motherboard - preferably whatever's cooling your CPU.

https://ibb.co/d3AkyQ

^This is where your power switch should approximately be.

Gabeph

Commendable
May 15, 2016
Thank you my CPU fan is connected.
And a follow up question does it matter if the cpu fan isn't fully seated because one of the little lock in place mechanisms are broken on it. I'll try to power my computer up tomorrow it's kinda late and I'm lazy