Computer build super slow after transporting it by car, simple fixes won't do it.

bijx

Reputable
Jun 6, 2014
About a week ago, I transported my PC in the back of a car for five hours and when I arrived at my destination and turned on the system, it was painfully slow. During transport I removed my graphics card and transported it separately in its original packaging. I also laid the case motherboard-down in the back of the car and left pillows around it for cushioning.

When I say "slow system" I mean that boot times have tanked, task manager takes two minutes to open, windows explorer and the task bar crashes, and every single program hangs on startup, not to mention it poorly handles multiple applications open at once. Even my internet browsers suck.

I've already tried several things: I removed my GPU, RAM, CPU, and CPU fan, as well as my one SSD, reapplied thermal paste to the cpu cooler and cpu, and reinstalled everything—that didn't change anything. I also ran diagnostics on all my components:

- I used CineBench R15 to test my CPU and it ranked pretty average to where its supposed to be:
Fc14Bud.jpg

- I used CrystalDiskMark to test my SSD for speed and I believe it was just about where it was supposed to be:
H1hmTkt.png

- And my GPU ran perfectly on its benchmark.

I am running out of options and have no idea what I'm doing wrong, I even used HWMonitor to check my CPU temps, and they are all around 40-60 degrees, nothing too bad. Where could my fault be? Any help is appreciated!

It's strange what happens to you.
Try to check your SATA connections, verify that they are correctly fixed. If you can try to change SATA connector or cable if you have any reserve.

On occasion, this extreme delay is caused by SATA problems, although your SSD measures seem correct. In any case sometimes the failure is intermittent so I recommend you do the check.

Please, so that we can help you better, tell us your complete specifications.

bijx

Reputable
Jun 6, 2014

No, when it was lagging the most, the task manager shiw d CPU was 25% and stable, and RAM never exceeded 60%

bijx

Reputable
Jun 6, 2014

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790 CPU @ 3.60 GHz
8.00 GB DDR3 RAM (because one stick is faulty)
MSI NVIDIA GTX 970
Kingston 256GB HyperX SSD
750W PSU
Asus Z97-AR Motherboard