Question Computer build turning on/off rapidly ?

Feb 19, 2021
Current build:

+ i5-9600k
+Aorus Gigabyte Z370 motherboard
+nvidia gtx 660 (x2)
+corsair vengeance lpx 8gb x2 3000 mhz
+1000w raidmax power supply
+1tb hard drive

I know that the graphics cards are fine and the hard drive, but I recently replaced the motherboard, ram, and cpu. All parts were purchased in used condition, all parts claim to be working properly as well but everytime I push the power button, there's 4 led's on the bottom right and are labeled, cpu, ram, boot, and vga. All 4 lights turn on then off in sequence then the computer shuts off completely then turns back on and goes through the same process and repeats infinitely until I turn it off with the power button. Please help, I brought to computer repair shop to diagnose and all they said that the cpu or motherboard is bad but idk if there's any way to know which one for sure is bad, or if there's a simple fix ?

My money is on that rubbish PSU you've got --- it can't cut the mustard.

Just curious, have you tried booting with only one 660 installed?

Paperdoc

Polypheme
Ambassador
What you describe MAY be a short circuit somewhere. And one of the common causes of that in a major rebuild is improper placement of the case stand-offs, thus making contact to the wrong part of the bottom of the mobo. IF you are not fully familiar with that, post back here.

Feb 19, 2021
What you describe MAY be a short circuit somewhere. And one of the common causes of that in a major rebuild is improper placement of the case stand-offs, thus making contact to the wrong part of the bottom of the mobo. IF you are not fully familiar with that, post back here.
I had someone that builds computers come and help me install all of my parts including all of the motherboard stand-offs. I've been doing some research and I read that resetting my cmos might do the trick since this is a used board which has the possibility of having completely different parts used on its last build with different settings. So later today in gonna try resetting cmos. Ive already re-seated all the ram and gpu's and made sure all the plugs were properly seated and clearedbof any debris as well as the cpu. So the cmos is my last resort right now until I'm completely lost 🤣

Feb 19, 2021

Yes, I've tried booting with one 660 installed earlier this morning and had no luck. I tried both interchangingly (if thats even a word) but I repeated all the cables, ram, gpu's, and cpu and nothing still but I've been doing some research as well and read that I might need to reset my cmos since it's a used board so I will be trying that later today and will be posting if that fixed anything.

Feb 19, 2021
I tried resetting the cross and still nothing and I've completely taken everything apart and put it back togeather. I ordered a new power supply that comes in Tuesday. Will update if that fixed the issue or not on Tuesday.

Feb 19, 2021

Replaced the psu today and still has the problem. So it wasn't the power supply. Looking to replace the motherboard maybe next.