Computer build wont boot bios

Gonzxor5

Commendable
Nov 19, 2016
Sorry if this the wrong section.
Msi gtx1060 6G
Msi z-97
Corsair vengeance 16gb

I just finished my first computer build, but I've ran into a snag. The CPU, Disk player and hard drive were all taken from my old computer to build this one. Before starting, I factory reset the computer just incase of any viruses.

So...When I boot it up I get the MSI logo saying "Press escape for bios, press f11 for boot options". When I press either, nothing happens. After about 30 seconds it automatically trys to install windows and says "Pick a language". This is a problem because my old PC had OEM version. (I haven't tried to install windows)

What should I try to do? Could it be that windows is already on the hdd? Also whats the easiest way to wipe a hard drive?

Thanks for the help!

Solution
FIXED! Almost was ready to send it back as DOA because it even stopped showing video, completely black screen! However, by taking out the CMOS battery and leaving the switch into the reset mode for an hour it booted up perfectly. Hope this helps anyone of you guys having trouble.

Gonzxor5

Commendable
Nov 19, 2016
FIXED! Almost was ready to send it back as DOA because it even stopped showing video, completely black screen! However, by taking out the CMOS battery and leaving the switch into the reset mode for an hour it booted up perfectly. Hope this helps anyone of you guys having trouble.

Solution