Computer building help

Jun 11, 2018
Hello reader

I am planning on finally building my first Computer primarily for gaming purposes, I have been watching a lot of tutorial videos and have talked to some friends who guided me with some help.But one of the hardest decision (for me at least) is figuring what parts I should use. I have a budget of about 500 to 1000 dollars, anyones help would greatly be appreciated.

thank you :)

zoltan.boese

Estimable
Jan 30, 2018
You find useful build guides for different budgets at this website: https://pcmasterracebuilds.com/

For 1920x1080 pixel gaming I would recommend you to spend $800 on the pc (i3-8350K with 1060 6gb) and further 150 on the monitor if need be.

getting a four core CPU is not a good recommendation, even if it's the OC'able 8350k which would give great FPS. An I5 8400/8500 would be much better, and actually allow the OP to play games like BF1 which make use of more cores/threads. For the diff in price I'd defo take the 8400.

Getting an 8350k now, will mean having to upgrade CPU within a year or two to continue getting good results in more demanding games.

with the build funds if you go to low you end up buying cheap parts that can kill a gaming pc.
start with a good plastic gaming case. if this is your first build dont go with a small case...small small cases are hard to put together. using a mid size or full size for your first build. on the power supply use a good seasonic 650w unit or one that rated like it like tx unit for cosiar. myself right now i would wait for the zen 2 amd cpu. with amd there not going to change there mb for a few years like intel does with every new cpu. I would also wait a few weeks for the newer nvidia gpu to drop. the newer 1100 gpu for the same model as the 1000x your going to get a speed upgrade with the newer gpu tech. i would go with a 256g m2/nve drive and when you have the funds add a storage drive latter. you need 100.00 for just windows for your build. if you have a local micro center or pc store look at some of there monitors. look at a good 24 inch ips panel unit if there onsale.