Computer burned out, burnt smell.

Mar 20, 2018
So it all started when I updated to Windows 8 for no reason. Then I started getting a memory leak error in this game I play ( for honor) and it started sucking up my ram like nobody's business. It got so bad I had to start playing it in borderless mode, when I never had to. If I didn't, my computer would just overload and restart. For the past 2 weeks or so it started happening again even in borderless mode, but being the procrastinator I am, I did nothing.

And now I pay the price.

Just several hours before I was gleefully playing, just minding my own business, and low and behold, my computer shuts down! I use my blower to orgasm and sent her out the room, next I used my dust blower and dusted the hell out of that thing. Now I smell plastic burning. Great. I turn on the computer after letting it cool and the power draining out and now I can't play any games without it crashing and rebooting. I checked the voltage on the bios and its in the 1ns. However, I took out my pcu and stuck my Schnozer in it so my gf would be envious, but I don't smell burnt plastic. So I probably fucked up my gpu, but then, why would it only give 1 volts to everything? Also, as I booted it up from checking the voltage, it rebooted, so not just running games it seems.

If I don't get help,my gf will have a monopoly on fun, and that won't be good! Help!

Specs
MB- s-something Krait edition
Gpu- 980 gtx nvidia
Proc- Intel core 8i
pcu- Evga supernova nex650g

Edit: I was making a pbj and my 7 dollar toaster burst into flames. And that got me thinking, when I was testing the voltage checker pen( it just beeps if there's electricity running) on a socket my sister blew( she was running her hair dryer, tv and heater all on the same thing, I told my parents but they are her bitches.) and it beeped. So now I'm starting to think my house's wiring is fucked, it's a pretty old house. What do you guys think?

Solution

budgetgamer12345

Respectable
Sep 8, 2017

This sounds like a PSU problem.
Try to install windows 10 or windows 7 and get a new PSU this will solve your problem.

Solution