[SOLVED] Computer can connect to wifi network, but there is no internet, and the connection dies out quickly

Aug 24, 2019
Yesterday I had cleaned the insides of my computer and when I went to turn it on I had no internet. I connected to the network that I always connect to, but then the computer stated that there was no internet and the connection to the network in general shut off. Every single time I want to try to connect to the network, I have to retype in the password, if that information is relevant at all. While I'm open to the possibility that I might have screwed something up while I was inside the computer cleaning it, I would like to point out that I was able to connect my computer to a mobile hotspot without any trouble. I am also able to connect to the network on my phone, laptop, and television. I reset my router twice, I restarted my computer twice as well and there seems to be no progress.

Can anyone help me diagnose or troubleshoot my issue? :)

Thank you

Solution
Try rebooting your modem. Also, make sure your ethernet cable is plugged in properly at both end, assuming you're using ethernet. If you're not, do it, if not for speed for consistency.

iiSlashr

Reputable
Mar 10, 2019
Try rebooting your modem. Also, make sure your ethernet cable is plugged in properly at both end, assuming you're using ethernet. If you're not, do it, if not for speed for consistency.

Solution