[SOLVED] Computer Cannot Reconnect to Internet after Unplugged

shanearcaro64

Prominent
Sep 9, 2017
My computer really does not lose internet too often, the problem is that I'm a triplet and my brothers sometimes reset the internet when they have a poor connection and do not notify anyone about it. When the internet is reset my computer does not reconnect properly. What ends up happening is I get the message "You are connected but no internet is available" with the yellow error message. When I go to troubleshoot the problem in Windows 10 I receive, "'Ethernet' does not have a valid IP-configuration". I know how to solve this problem; I have to disable my Network adapter and reset the internet. After the internet is reset I can turn the network adapter back on and everything will work fine. I want to know if there is a way to fix this. Constantly resetting the internet after one of my brothers reset the internet to get mine to work again isn't really that fun. By the way, I have a Realtek PCIe GbE Family Controller. Thank you.

Solution
Set a static ip address. First check the router to see what ip addresses are in the dhcp pool and select one outside that. In general you can use a high ip address and it will never conflict because the dhcp server gives them out from the bottom.

Something like 192.168.1.250 will work....this is just a example the 192.168.1.x part may be different it depend on your router settings.
Set a static ip address. First check the router to see what ip addresses are in the dhcp pool and select one outside that. In general you can use a high ip address and it will never conflict because the dhcp server gives them out from the bottom.

Something like 192.168.1.250 will work....this is just a example the 192.168.1.x part may be different it depend on your router settings.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS