Computer can't type l key

KlNGEDY0

Honorable
Sep 1, 2013
My computer suddenly stopped working with that key and I have no idea what has caused it. I have tried two keyboards on another computer and the key works fine, whereas the L key doesnt when I try to type it in on my PC.

KlNGEDY0

Honorable
Sep 1, 2013

I've tried the langauge solution and it doesn't work unfortunately. As I said before the keyboard(s) work fine on other computers.
Also my screen flickers on some windows when I press the key as if it's there but still nothing.

KlNGEDY0

Honorable
Sep 1, 2013

I've tried that but that hasn't worked either, however the keyboard works just fine when it is booted up in safe mode.

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
If you didn't add anything and it's not an oem pc is it probably not there.

Try to run in normal mode but go to the start up folder,disable all programs but the ones really needed.In W8.1 via taskmanager,in W7 via msconfig,ccleaner has the option also.,After that enable each one and see if one starts the issue.

KlNGEDY0

Honorable
Sep 1, 2013
UPDATE: Apologies for the spam if seen as such, but running several scans and removing threats as well as using CCleaner have came up with nothing, where do I go from here?

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
Tried this?

KlNGEDY0

Honorable
Sep 1, 2013

didn't mean to select you, yet, however some tinkering with MSconfig confirms its something wrong with one of the microsoft services, but can't exactly deduce which one it is and the HID service doesn't seem to be the culprit.

KlNGEDY0

Honorable
Sep 1, 2013

Unfortunately the last restore point was a couple of hours prior to the incident. But thank you for your assistance in this.

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
I'm starting to run out of ideas.A windows repair via disk could maybe do the trick,but if the system file check doesn't find anything at fault do i also not see the point.Also with it working in safe mode suggests something other than windows that is doing this.With that in mind was the system file check maybe even not necessary after all.

No software added lately?

KlNGEDY0

Honorable
Sep 1, 2013

I don't know if this would be related, but it started after I ran GeForce Shadowplay, so it may have something to do with that.

KlNGEDY0

Honorable
Sep 1, 2013
UPDATE: Yes! I fixed it! Turns out it was something to do with nVIDIA GeForce Experience and a reinstall of the software did the trick! Would like to say thank you Vic for your help.

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador

Good to hear.Well done! :)

You're welcome.:D