Computer Case - DIY

Is building a computer case an 'uncomplicated undertaking'? I ship many PC's
overseas, and I get charged for the volume, is there a way of minimizing
this?
If I could somehow 'flatten' the case for shiping that would be nice :),
Thoughts?

"consultant" <fazilr@hotmail.com> said:

> Is building a computer case an 'uncomplicated undertaking'? I ship
> many PC's overseas, and I get charged for the volume, is there a way
> of minimizing this?
> If I could somehow 'flatten' the case for shiping that would be nice
> :), Thoughts?

Why don't you buy a thinner case and/or use riser cards. Switch to
building ITX boxes.
--
McQualude

On Sat, 1 May 2004 01:44:34 -0500, "consultant" <fazilr@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>Is building a computer case an 'uncomplicated undertaking'? I ship many PC's
>overseas, and I get charged for the volume, is there a way of minimizing
>this?
>If I could somehow 'flatten' the case for shiping that would be nice :),
>Thoughts?

Well, there's THIS:
http://www.lupo.co.jp/develop/ccpc/ccpcbox_index.html
but I'd be a bit peeved if I ordered a system and that came in the mail,
unless it was explicitly described.

"kony" wrote:
> Well, there's THIS:
> http://www.lupo.co.jp/develop/ccpc/ccpcbox_index.html
> but I'd be a bit peeved if I ordered a system and that came in the mail,
> unless it was explicitly described.

Well if that don't beat all; you'd think they would at least give you some foil to line the thing with.

Jon