[SOLVED] Computer case fans and CPU fan spins up for a split second, and then turns off with no post after removing RAM from the system

Apr 16, 2020
First off, I'm not sure if I am posting in the right thread for my issue but....here I go. So earlier in the day, I had an old system that has an AMD FX 4300, 12 GB of RAM, MSI 970A G43 Plus, and an XFX HD 7970 3 GB that I wanted to get running again after it has been collecting dust for the past 2-3 years. It originally turned on fine, but I noticed in Windows 7, the system had 12 GB in the system, but only 6 (or 5.90) to be specific was only usable, and that was a big issue for me because many games need at least 8 GB to run it. I had two Crucial 2x4 1600 MHZ kit of ram, but I also had a 2x2 kit of some crappy RAM that ran at 1333 MHZ I pulled out of a system to stick in my PC for just that little more RAM to be available for my games. I was a newbie at the time, and didn't realize that mixing RAM isn't the best thing to do, and I saw overall the systems memory was running at 1333 MHZ. But anyways, I decided to pull out the 2x2 kit of ram that I put in to see if my problem in Windows with the Ram usability would fix it, but now I am finding out that my PC fans just spin quickly for a split second, and then turns off without me even touching the power button, and this goes on indefinitely. I am sure I didn't damage anything when I pulled out the RAM sticks, but I am right now stuck at this problem, even putting the the RAM just the way it was before and even going far to make sure I put the RAM in the same slots it was before I turned off the system. Sorry if I wrote like a while paragraph, I just wanted to make sure I go into detail on what I did for the time being. Thank you.

Solution
try each stick of RAM separately, one at a time in each DIMM slot to determine if one of the DIMMs or one of the RAM modules have been damaged or have malfunctioned.

try another known functioning PSU.

make sure the CPU is properly seated and secured by reinstalling.
Apr 16, 2020
I've done as instructed and installed the 2 4gb 1600MHz modules in dimm slots 2&4 and also did a cmos hard reset. However, I am getting the same results where my fans are spinning for a split second and then stops without going into post.

I also followed the instructions of my motherboard and moved the ram to slot 1 and 3 but the results were also the same.

Is there any other methods I can try?

Thank you for your time

try each stick of RAM separately, one at a time in each DIMM slot to determine if one of the DIMMs or one of the RAM modules have been damaged or have malfunctioned.

try another known functioning PSU.

make sure the CPU is properly seated and secured by reinstalling.

Solution
Apr 16, 2020
I have inserted all the individual sticks of RAM into each slot of the motherboard and it is still doing the same thing. I even took out my CPU cooler and reinserted the CPU to make sure it was properly seated, and it was. Do you think it can be the case shorting it? When I picked up the case, it sounded like a loose screw was rattling all over the case. I can try and rebuild the system outside the case to see if that could be an issue. I just don't understand how one minute my system was in windows, and the next minute, it is not working at all after I removed two sticks of RAM. I was looking online and people were saying it could be a power supply or a CMOS battery, but I don't have any loose CMOS batteries around my house and the power supply was working fine yesterday in that same system. It is a Corsair CX500 power supply.

...the power supply was working fine yesterday in that same system.
doesn't mean it couldn't have malfunctioned.
why i stated to, "try another known functioning PSU."

I can try and rebuild the system outside the case to see if that could be an issue.
does your motherboard have it's own integrated on/off power button? if not, you would have to add a power button/switch to it's front panel header to power on the board.

Apr 16, 2020
doesn't mean it couldn't have malfunctioned.
why i stated to, "try another known functioning PSU."

does your motherboard have it's own integrated on/off power button? if not, you would have to add a power button/switch to it's front panel header to power on the board.
I will try another PSU to see if it would work, and my motherboard doesn't have an on/off switch but I can jump the two pins where the front panel I/O goes

Apr 16, 2020
What I just did is i took apart the computer and built it outside the case, and it booted normally, it wasn't giving me the issues where the fans would just "jerk" or spin up for a split second. I am thinking now that it is the case, I might have to check for short circuits either in the case like that rattling screw, or maybe a bad standoff that is preventing me from my pc from turning on.