Aug 4, 2021
EDIT: NOTE: Newegg stepped up and of course is refunding the gigabyte PSU, but additionally gave me an exception and allowed me to return my MSI Motherboard, CPU Cooler, and Cougar QBX case. This is AMAZING as it has alleviated so much stress and restrictions. Although limited to their store. It's more freeing.
OK I have NO IDEA what I'm doing anymore. I can't make up my mind.

here's my Part list
https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/C6M6Gq

I was working on making a Mini-ITX compact build using a Cougar QBX, I also bought the Gigabyte P850GM- THIS WAS IN DECEMBER 2020 and I STILL never finished my Build.

Newegg is refunding the P850GM, due to the explosion rates, I am trying to return the Motherboard and Case as well but still waiting on a decision.

but anyway, I can't make up my mind anymore. I can't use the Cougar QBX, and I can't find ANYTHING with an ODD (Disk tray support), that's reasonably sized to support a full-size GPU, ODD, HDD.

I've been considering Dual-System cases, but OMG, no ODDs, like come on! a PC case is like a suitcase, you put your stuff in it so ITS THERE WITH THE CASE, I do NOT want external devices cluttering my desk. Know what I mean?

Does ANYONE have any suggestions, advice, or guidance? I am seriously losing my mind over this. I been using a laptop since November 2020, my desk has been cluttered and I just can't find space anymore I been sitting on the floor using this laptop. I even had to move with this system unfinished. (Blessing and a curse what with that explosive power supply)

Please help, PLEASE! END THIS NIGHTMARE.

Additional information:
I have 2 Mini-ITX, 1 M-ATX, 1 ATX motherboards, two available power supplies (EVGA 80White 750, and EVGA B3 750), and suitable Ram for each. a Dual-System case is doable upfront, but regardless I need guidance otherwise I'll be using a Thermaltake Versa H15 MicroATX as a last resort.
I have no issue buying a new PSU for the Dual-System like the Revolt X 1200

Last edited:
Solution
Track down a BitFenix Prodigy maybe?

Though at that point, I would just start looking at mid towers. Phanteks Enthoo series have ODD. Or you could go for a full tower version.

If you want a MicroATX tower as a compromise, maybe MasterBox NR400 w/ODD rather than the Versa.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador

Though at that point, I would just start looking at mid towers. Phanteks Enthoo series have ODD. Or you could go for a full tower version.

If you want a MicroATX tower as a compromise, maybe MasterBox NR400 w/ODD rather than the Versa.

Solution
Aug 4, 2021

Had just finished talking to newegg actually. I put a note as an Edit, but they're taking back the Mini-ITX MSI motherboard, the QBX Cougar, and the 120MM Krakan M22.

I'll check those cases out.

I was searching around more,
It appears the only Dual-System case I know of is the Enthoo Mini XL DS that has an ODD. Which is available on Newegg. My concern is, I'd rather use a Mini-ITX for the Gaming, and the larger space for "everything else" it'd make sense, because you'd be utilizing the space available for sound cards, capture cards, and so on, without wasting the space. However the Mini-ITX tray is pushed forward, limited some videocards from being used. Which would result in me wanting to use the lower bay and thus have wasted space... >_> unless I mod the case to have 3 Mini-ITX LOL. ofcourse I wont do that. but for those who could woah!

TRENDING THREADS