Computer case with the window on the right side?

niels55

Honorable
Jan 15, 2013
Hi everyone, i'm looking for a midi computer case around the 50-100€ range with the plexiglass window on the right side of the case
Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

Solution
As mentioned by ssddx, most cases with windows on the right-hand side tend to take inverted motherboards, so cases with that design are what your after. Have a look at the Silverstone Raven, Temjin and maybe the Fortress series, they often have inverted motherboards. Lian Li make a couple as well if I remember correctly.

niels55

Honorable
Jan 15, 2013

These cases have the window on the left side.

the bitfenix prodgy m... well the windowed version or sidepanel at least

one problem with putting a window or the right is that the motherboard needs to be flipped 180 degrees in the case... which means the gpu air intake is pointing up and draws from the top of the case down. it is also somewhat near the top of the case. this make case airflow a bit of a problem since thermodynamics dictate that hot air rises however a 180 degree flip makes the airflow makes the video card draw air from the top hence it counteracts a this a bit and would cause some distorted airflow if you went with a typical front-bottom to top-rear airflow arrangement.

this is why you dont see many cases like that and also why i dont suggest the bitfenix prodigy as an ideal case.

As mentioned by ssddx, most cases with windows on the right-hand side tend to take inverted motherboards, so cases with that design are what your after. Have a look at the Silverstone Raven, Temjin and maybe the Fortress series, they often have inverted motherboards. Lian Li make a couple as well if I remember correctly.

Solution

Tjster123

Honorable
Oct 6, 2013

sorry i didnt know which side hahah