computer caught in startup loop, no POST beeps

hysteria357

Honorable
Oct 24, 2013
Hi everyone, I have run into an issue that I need help with. My GPU had been downclocking when tabbing in and out of games and then getting stuck at those lower clock speeds until rebooting. After changing the power mode to "maximum performance" over "adaptive" on the nvidia control panel, my monitor went black after about an hour of gaming. After rebooting my computer, it got caught in a boot loop, never making its way to POST. If I take out the RAM, I get no RAM beeps however. I should also mentioned that I tried flipping my GPU boost switch to the off position to help with stability.

Now, heres where it gets a little scary for me... My Psu is a Seasonic M12II 850, which is a very highly praised PSU. over the past few months I thought it was getting louder, but I had just put my parts in a quieter case, installed some super quiet fans, and bought the GTX 980 which is super silent, so I figured I was able to hear it easier. I have noticed during these boot loops that the PSU is really quiet. I can still feel and hear air moving though it though, and it doesnt smell burnt.

I have already tried removing the GPU, I reseated the RAM, re-seated the CMOS battery, and swapped the RAM around. I dont have another PSU to test it with.

my specs. Asus p8z77 V-LX motherboard, i5 3570k overclocked, GTX 980 overclocked, Sesasonic M12ii 850 Bronze psu, 8gb corsair XMS3 memory, 1 ssd, 1 hdd, 5 case fans.

I really hope its not a PSU issue.

I appreciate any help I can get on this. I am truly stumped.

TRENDING THREADS