[SOLVED] Computer completely freezes up, requires forced shut down

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 8, 2020
I've been having this problem with a PC I got my hands on recently where it freezes up completely, the display stays on but it won't take any input, it happens completely randomly(at least I haven't been able to identify a pattern) and the only way to get it to work again is by force restarting it after which it usually works normally for a couple of hours until it happens again. I can't find any trace of what happened in minidumps or the event viewer when it happens. I have been unable to find what's causing the problem and would really appreciate some help!
PC specs:
GPU: MSI GEFORCE GTX 1070 GAMING X 8G
CPU: Intel i7 8700 non k
Ram: 2x Corsair 8gb sticks ( cmk32gx4m4a2400c16 )
Board: Asus ROG STRIX B360-F Gaming
2x Sandisk 240gb ssds one of which has the OS
PSU: Corsair VS650

What I've tried:

Removing gpu drivers with DDU and clean installing them
Other gpus
4 hours of memtest gave 0 errors
Ran chkdisk on both the ssds and returned no errors, also seem completely fine when checking them with S.M.A.R.T
Temperatures on almost everything seem completely fine, gpus never went above 70, while the cpu sometimes jumps to 85-90 for a second or two when the usage jumps to 100% before dropping back down to around 75~, usually sits on around 35-40 while idle and around 50-55 on moderate loads (40-50%), so I am a bit unsure about the cpu.

Status
Not open for further replies.